69 rhd panel project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

69rhdpanel

Reaction score
this is my project for the winter. its a rhd panel van thats been converted to a camper but i will be returning it to a van.

I've had this van for years now but something has always come before my bay.
I've moved house and now have a double garage with heating!
Over the years I've collected allot of panels including body cuts from panel van to replace the window cut outs.
Will be lowered with adjusters on the front and horse shoes on the back with 14 inch steels wearing 165/65 and 185/65 tyres.
I will be sticking with the 1600sp the van come with but obviously will be rebuilt.

Good luck! you are a brave man :mrgreen:

Now have some dropped spindles and will be getting horseshoe plates soon.
Don't want too low, will see how the van sits on the spindles and horseshoes first.
Will be sticking with the 14 inch steels but tyre choice is giving me a headache. I'm thinking 165/65 14's and 185/65 14's
Currently doing some body work on the mother in laws beetle, once done I will add some up to date pics.

EPIC project fella , Be the man to save a RHD Panel 8)

:character0028:

Still not started my van. I've finished the father in laws beetle, fitted new rear valance sorted rust spots and painted it.
Now I've got to sort his bay, flat the body back and spray in redoxide so my bay is outside on my hard standing for a couple of weeks.

fairplay man.....but there is a time in a young mans life you must be selfish and tell people you need some alone time with your van :lol: a couple of months would be great :lol:

Goodluck

Yes, about right, I need to get n with my own van. I am getting pocket money to add to my resto fund for doing the work tho. I've also built a 1600 engine for my mates splitty to replace his 1776 before he sold it!. :lol:

need to do the same to mine evan though the window hole have been welded up the filler keeps cracking so have nos rh rear side roof to arch 8) and nos lh side roof to door slide ,still looking for rh side oposite sliding door,think its in the corner with the hens teeth and rocking horse poo :roll: so best of luck PANELS RULE.

I've got body cuts for the window panels, all bar opposite sliding door too. I will have to use sheet steel but I will make some supports on the back to reduce flex as per the original back panels. The first job is the roof then the windows, will look like a panel van again then.

Latest posts