• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

69 Sunroof Deluxe OG Paint, 7 Seater Microbus For Sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowpuccino

Reaction score
A sad day :( After 7 years we have decided to let our Early Bay go to a new Home.
We have decided to do some travelling next year , Sicily hopefully and need a van with a camper conversion.
We looked at putting a conversion in this one, but it in my mind it is to original and needs to stay as a 7 seater.
However if you buy the bus you can slam it, convert it etc, your bus you can do with it what you want.

After looking at T5's and T4's etc which were stunning and would do the job easily we took the random decision and bought a 64 split :roll:

[photobucket] [/photobucket]

We bought this bus from Keift en Klok back in 2007, it was expensive at the time but was bought as a keeper ( well 7 years anyway) Sunroof works as it should and is so solid you wouldn't believe

What have we done to it, not that much. When we got it we were going down the dropped spindle route, never got round to it and in away glad. I love that look but I guess some need to be in the clouds.

Lights etc were altered for UK Mot etc, has had a new Carb, been serviced/greased regularly , just had 5 new tyres. Had to import some BF's to match the originals, are lettered but fitted "inside out".
The Body is straight and Solid , the paint is good and considering it has been on for 45 years looks and shines up well, even has the original side door up / down sticker in German just visible.

Underneath, Solid , I spent two weeks under it when I got it and sealed it, it was bone dry just needed to get the sand out of it. To be fare the van is molly coddled , garaged all year and not used when salt about.

Inside - 7 seater, dash uncut, if being critical the door vents are slightly cracked and either need repairing or replacing
Still a walk through ( we had a van bench seat fitted for ages, dog preferred it :roll: its brown but can go if
someone wants to recover etc.
The seats are weave , "nicely worn", and after an hour or two will give you the VW driver shuffle when you get
out, unless that is just my 50 year old legs.
Under the seat the Cali spec emergency light sticks are still there, ( there was a set of snow chains also will
see if I can find them, the bag of 40 year old weed has gone along with the 303 shells :shock: ).

The Z bed works and will the middle seat out and a futon is OK for a night at a show, the more beer the
more comfortable it is !!! Have a set of Magnablinds which can go with van. It is quite nice with the
sunroof open looking at the stars !!!

Outside is straight, original Seals etc. Not sure if it would leak or not in heavy rain because to be honest it don't
go out. I have done the cargo door seal as was poor and to be honest the other door seals could do with
replacing if you are using the van more than we do.

Door locks , bit of a mishmash as one ignition, one for the engine hatch , one for the doors. If you are really keen,
I guess you could re tumbler them to make them one key. Oh and Drivers door locks perfectly but sometimes
has to be opened from the inside.

Engine, pulls well , no unusual rattles or bangs, tinware in good condition. Not masses of power so original !!
Has a weep, like them all, has been checked out by the garage and doesn't warrant taking out yet, as never
got any worse. In fact from my bike days , at least you check it more often !!
If it wasn't for the lack of camping equipment would happily get in it and drive anywhere. Infact the only time it failed
was in Norfolk and the starter failed ( typical as not a hill in 50 mile radius )didn't stop our holiday and new motor
fitted. Never needed the AA unlike my T5 which has had two lifts home in the last 3 years.

This little girl is going to be most upset when it goes !!!

Not much more to add, we are based in Redditch Worcestershire. Needs to be seen to see just how original and
straight this bus is. got plenty more pictures if someone wants them.
Price - looking for £15750.00 or near as damn it.
I have tried to be honest as possible so would appreciate genuine enquiries. I have a replacement van bought so not
interested in any swaps. I would like the van to go to someone who is going to love it as much as we have !!!

as requested a few more pics

Sunroof mechanism - solid, is covered in wax/silicon so can hold the dirt a bit but no issues, slides as it should

Headliner as previous pics not bad for the age, not sure if it has been replaced or just aged really well

Battery tray area, dry and solid

[photobucket ][/photobucket]

went for a spin before its heavily waxed with a dust sheet on today, lovely bus to drive and if I can get away with it ( with the wife) I win if it don't sell :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts