69 tintop. Show and tell....The restoration begins

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastybay

Reaction score
I am new on here after meeting easy at Sauton Sands, thanks for the great tip :D Finally after seeing all of yours :D I thought I had better show you ours.This is 'Myrtle' our 69 rhd tintop microbus camper :D We have had her for 8 years now and finally we have got the funds to restore her. Until recently she was my wifes daily drive as well as a holiday bus but having failed the Mot, :cry: it was a case of now or never. Some might say we are mad but we have had some great times with her and now we have two kids we hope to have even more.
The last image of the old Myrtle :(
331.jpg

Unfortunately we don't have the time or the knowledge to do the work, so thankfully we have got a friend who has. I will be restoring the Devon Interior. The plan is to keep her pretty much stock, with just a few tweaks including a couple of inches off the height?The first of many holes me thinks!! :(
324.jpg

The interior being stripped out.
294.jpg

The original cooler unit is still in there, if not in great shape, I am not sure whether I should strip it out to get some more storage?
295.jpg

296.jpg

292.jpg

291.jpg

The begining of the strip down
019.jpg

017.jpg

New metal going back on after concealed repair etc :p
011.jpg

013.jpg

NOS side panel ready to go back on :D
016.jpg