'71 Single Cab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ex-2cv-er

Reaction score
'71 Australian Import

Ozzi1-28Oct06.jpg

Only bought him home yesterday.

Ozzi2-28Oct06.jpg

Undecided on whether to go the full hog or keep him a little ratty.

Ozzi3-28Oct06.jpg

Think he's quite cute as he is.

Ozzi4-28Oct06.jpg

Will clean him up a little and attend to the worst, and then see what we've got.

Great look pickup! loving the way it is, with all the stickers n stuff 8)

Cheers lads for the comments :D

Looks sweet fella!

Oh and Rony's not gay...he knows me by the name of Caroline...its even on my birth cert :wink:
I should have put my name in my sig :lol:

Love this forum, so nice to be able to delurk now we actually have an early bay :mrgreen:

Well its been a while, but my OH's Herbie Van Rides Again....at last.

He's been up at Krazy Kombis since November, and my OH Jon264 has done all the work himself, in his spare time (2-3 days a month), under Crazyleg's supervision (thanks mate :wink: )

Originally we were only going to change the carburetor...as the old one was leaking in a dangerous fashion...but boys will be boys, so out came the engine....just for a looksee :roll: and off came the head...just for a looksee :roll:
So, after all that curiosity Ozzi the Herbie Van has a lovely smooth newly-skimmed head, brand new pistons & barrels, new push rods and tubes, a shiny pair of twin carbs, a fancy EMPI quiet pack exhaust and loads of other bits and bobs which my OH convinced me he needed/wanted for his baby :roll: :lol:

We had a couple of family set-backs and various other things in 'Real Life' that got in the way, which left Ozzi untouched for good lengths of time....but finally on Saturday Ozzi roared back in to life, we dropped the oil over night, then my OH set into checking the valves again Sunday morning...and then the 3 of us had a mild domestic over who was going to drive him first...Jon won, but Crazyleg's spotted an opportunity when Jon hoped out of the driver's seat...and off he went :lol: Whilst Jon looked on :twisted:

02Sep07-Ozzimoves.jpg

02Sep07-Ozzimoves2.jpg

02Sep07-Ozzimoves3.jpg

Still a few wee bits and bobs to iron out, so he's not ready for the road yet...but boy was it good not only to hear him running, but see him moving...oh, and to be able to drive him again 8)

Can't wait until we can get this bad boy out and about again :twisted:

Latest posts