• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

71 X-over bay, moonraker interior, swaps for T4/5 poptop WHY

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old_Nell

Reaction score
Reluctant sale/swap for T4/5 pop top with cash my way for Old Nell.

Old Nell has been lovingly restored form the rusty old bucket she was, in to the lovely camper she is now.

I've been working on her for around the past 4 years and no expense has been spared. She currently stands me at about 18k, although I know I'll not get that for her at the moment. The only thing she really needs to finish her off is a proper paint job, although she did have a quick blow over in Savannah Beige after all of the panels were replaced. The spray job was pencilled in for this winter, but due to a job change, I now need a work van to travel up and down the country in.

Nell was a 1971 Danbury when I bought her, but had no interior. I searched long and hard for a Devon Moonraker interior for her and had it installed.

She now has:
cooker and grill,
electric hook up,
Zig Unit,
Brand new leisure battery,
sink and tap with massive water tank,
internal waste water tank,
wardrobe,
double bed,
overhead storage,
buddy box,
new flooring,
New lights,
New clear indicators,
restored interior panelling,
sound deadening mats throughout,
retro stereo,
BULLETPROOF rebuilt engine, that took us to Bude from Derbyshire and back without missing a beat,
New barrels and Pistons,
Stainless steel vintage speed tuck away exhaust,
Twin carbs,
Electronic ignition,
Lowered front and back on original but resprayed wheels,
Full length metal and wooden roof rack,
Brand new colour coded custom cushions in Bentley stitching,
Stone chipped underneath,
Loads of storage,
And loads loads more.

As you can see from the pictures, I bought the best could at the time of the resto.

ALL PHOTOS OF THE RESTO ARE IN MY SIGNATURE BLOCK. Please take the time to have a look.
I'm in no rush to sell Nell as I have a Volvo estate that's doing the workhorse thing at the moment, but Nells not getting the use she deserves anymore.

Please feel free to get in touch via PM on this or email [email protected]

Thank you.

Latest posts