• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

72 crossover towbar wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiggyjiggy

Reaction score
i need a 72 crossover towbar please
any body got one kicking around spare they would like to sell?

Cheers

Got this if you're interested?

photo1-1.jpg

Tezzah said:
Got this if you're interested?

photo1-1.jpg

Thanks for the offer Tezzah,
I would prefer to still use the bumper and it doesnt look like its possible with that one,

Thanks anyway

I got this one on mine if its any good to you

MyType2back.jpg

Not sure if its all wired up as havent got to the back of my van yet (resto)

Also not sure whether its what your after as the bumper seems to have a bit cut out of it about 1" high and 5" wide where the towbar ball comes through.

Free if your close and want to collect :)

hi nugsy,

thanks for that ,
i am sure i can adapt it a bit to lose that cut,

if you can pm your number i will have a quick chat about it with ya.

Cheers

Following on from the above post i have now removed the bumper/towbar. The bumper irons bolt to the chassis rails with 5 bolts per side, tw o underneath and three on the sides

Type20200.jpg

Type20201.jpg

This in turn has a sandwicjh plate that the bumper mounts too. It broke taking it off but you can see what i mean.

Type20204.jpg

The towbar then bolts up, with 3 bolts per side through the sandwich plate and bracket into the towbar

Type20203.jpg

Type20202.jpg

Therefore you'll need the whole assembly in order to fit it, meaning i'll need your standard brackets.

If anyone had any idea who/where made this towbar can you let me know, (its on a 72 xova danbury tin top)

Latest posts