72 crossover Wont idle

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sm1thy

Reaction score
Engine refurb has been done, went away for long weekend and it started stalling when stopping after 2nd day!!
I've put a brand new carb on, just replaced coil again, redone all wiring in case, engine starts and sounds good when revving but still won't idle???
Anybody any ideas
Thanks

From cold the choke comes on and it ticks over at fast rate then as soon as choke goes off it starts losing power and stalls

First thing I`d be looking at is the servo and the pipe work to it, sounds like air is leaking in, after that I`d check around the inlet manifolds :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It`s almost Summer,,,,,, Yayyyy :mrgreen:

Just checked points and gap was none existant so have set that!!
009 dizzy set up no vacuum!!
Still won't idle
How do I go about finding any air leaks??
Brand new carb
Brand new coil
Do I go as far as putting new dizzy, leads, plugs even though these were new 6 months ago??

On our first trip out if was driving well then all of a sudden it stalled at junctions or in traffic, I've changed all this so far with no change at all, surely someone has had same problem.

I have stripped inlet manifold back to heads, new seals all way through.
No leaks what so ever!
Cleaned out brand new carb
No servo as its a 009 distributor,
Checked all plugs and reset points,
Still just the same as was, so I'm assuming it's definately something else!
Can It be condenser on distributor???
Fuel pump???
Please I need advice!!
If I don't get advice I am going to scrap it and watch it being squashed in that big machine!!

Hi all still hot problems with this none idling,
I've just read a thread about hesitating and turns out it was inlet manifold pre heat pipes blocked,
I've just checked mine and it was totally blocked with carbon, fully cleaned out now all back together and no bloody change, still stalling, have noticed condensation round top of inlet manifold where it meets carb!
Any more ideas?. Cherrs

Latest posts