72 Sierra yellow changeover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orange72

Reaction score
Hi just a few pics of the bus from newby, running a 2270 type4 motor
Bumpers in sandblasters at moment

Hi
From previous experience I decided to part with some cash and go for t2 detectives dropped spindals complete with coil over shocks rather than simply use adjusters on the beam
The ride is superb and not to low,
As for the rear a set of adjustable swing plates, nice and easy to set up and get the stance you want
I hope this helps

Only a few pics of the engine build
78mm DRR crank ( type 1 big end journals ) ( vw speed shop )

CB super race rods ( cb performance )

KB 96mm piston & barrel set with 9cc dish, hastings rings ( state side tuning )
Sorry no pics
Stock amc heads, new guides, angle seats, clean up ( thurston engineering )

Web cam 86 small base circle ( state side tuning )

1700 rockers, Porsche swivel feet ( my original engine )
2l injection case, only needed minor clearance work ( me )
Chromoly push rods - cut to length
Twin 44 weber idf's ( dellorto.co.uk )

Vintage speed superflo exhaust ( vintage speed (uk)

Build by myself

Ignition ? 123 or crane any help
V

Orange72 said:
Hi
From previous experience I decided to part with some cash and go for t2 detectives dropped spindals complete with coil over shocks rather than simply use adjusters on the beam
As for the rear a set of adjustable swing plates, nice and easy to set up and get the stance you want
I hope this helps

Thanks for your answer! I will mount frenchslammer dropped spindels on my bus. For the back I'm not sure if it will work with the original swing plates!? Where do you bought your adjustable swing plates from?
Best regards
Reto

Aircooler said:
Orange72 said:
Hi
I hope this helps

Thanks for your answer! I will mount frenchslammer dropped spindels on my bus. For the back I'm not sure if it will work with the original swing plates!? Where do you bought your adjustable swing plates from?
Best regards
Reto
Hi
Adjustable swing plates were also from t2 detectives but I have seen them available from other good suppliers, one thing I will say it is easier to set up rather than turning a spline or two, fitting, finding your still not happy and having to remove and adjust again
One other benefit is the ease you can adjust the height especially if you change rims or tyres at a later date
One other point is they enable the arm to drop all the way down so you get that extra bit of clearance between the inner arch especially if you are running a wider tyre
Just a couple of points worth considering
Regards
Mike

thejinx said:
8) love the patina bumpers match the van really well
Sorry to have to say it ' I was with you regarding leaving them el natural ' but they are being painted as we speak :(
Should never have introduced the wife into the scene, just as well she hasn't seen the bank statement on the engine build

Orange72 said:
thejinx said:
Sorry to have to say it ' I was with you regarding leaving them el natural ' but they are being painted as we speak :(
Should never have introduced the wife into the scene, just as well she hasn't seen the bank statement on the engine build

Out of interest how much did that cost you?

Pickles said:
Orange72 said:
thejinx said:

Out of interest how much did that cost you?

My guess...........LOTS!

Orange72 said:
Aircooler said:
Orange72 said:
Hi
I hope this helps

Best regards
Reto
Hi
Adjustable swing plates were also from t2 detectives but I have seen them available from other good suppliers, one thing I will say it is easier to set up rather than turning a spline or two, fitting, finding your still not happy and having to remove and adjust again
One other benefit is the ease you can adjust the height especially if you change rims or tyres at a later date
One other point is they enable the arm to drop all the way down so you get that extra bit of clearance between the inner arch especially if you are running a wider tyre
Just a couple of points worth considering
Regards
Mike
Thanks Mike! So I will look for a pair of adjustable swing plates! :)
Regards
Reto

Finally got the van off the ramps last weekend :D
Managed to purchase high torque starter at dub freeze as let down by my local "expert" who was going to convert the old bosch unit with a higher rated motor.
Carbs low circuit dialled in perfect, not too rich, now ready for test run
Pulled away well, with no hesitation or flat spots, all the way to 6k, I know I'm running it in but what a smile, gears shifted well with the rebuilt box from bears, so back to the front drive for inspection
Oil, oil, oil, :( I had a problem with a small leak from a couple of lower seals on the push rod tubes when I ran the engine for the first time, but cleaned them up and re-sealed them, couldn't see anything wrong at the time so rather surprised to see the leak back again
Only tubes on cylinder 2? All the rest are fine, I did think the fit could have been tighter so out again but this time a new tube, give It a bit of a stretch to open it out a little & hunt for the best seals I can find " forget the liberal oil fitting / a bit of high temp sealer this time "
Just waiting for some daylight hours this weekend

Sorry forgot, bumpers painted L90d pastel white and on the van, it's been a busy week

Latest posts