• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

72 Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Reaction score
Well Im going to be selling Holly
After Vanfest she has now low compression on no1 and a knackered starter motor. Sadly I cant afford to get her repaired due to recently having our first baby and buying a bigger house and just havnt got any money left in the pot to get her fixed :cry:

Need a bit of advice on price with the engine in mind I'm not greedy it just needs to be an easy sale price :cry: :cry:
Shes a 72 Xover 5 birth with bunk, fly net and stool, Never been welded and like new underneath
Type 4 engine with twin dell 40's, filter king regulator, elctric pump and pertronix ignit II ignition, coil and 8 mm leads

GoingtoMilfordonsea005.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

DSCF2915.jpg

Wow, what a lovely bus..... 8) 8)

don't sell her, you WILL regret it. A new starter motor is only about £80 and there must be someone on here that can help you out with the engine... :?: :?:

find some stuff in the house to sell on ebay, raise some funds!!

come on guys and girls, who out there has the know how to help a fellow early bayer in need?

:idea: :idea: :idea: inspiration needed......

I agree with Carole, but without knowing your situation I wouldn't want to criticise - are you really sure you want to lose your van?

If that's the way you go then I wish you luck with the sale... but you'll deffo get more for it if you fix it first!

;)

sell the baby! :shock:

no seriously if you need to sell it then beg steal or borrow the cash to get it done, thats a 10k+ bus up n running but more like 6k, 6.5k as is
good luck whatever you do, but remember a westy is about the best vehicle for a family, cheap holidays, room for sprogs n toys etc :wink:

DSC00383.jpg

Hi, Nice bus. Do you have a contact number as i could be interested in buying her.

Ta

Cheers for the replies guys.
I'm gutted but that's Life
I know very very worse case scenario its just a new engine £1000-£1500 (I'd would have gone for the £1500 Heritage) but all my money wrapped up in the house and needs finishing before the winter sets in as I have to think of the little one.
I will get one back hopefully next year or the next but the way prices are going I'd have to remortgage the house :roll:

Dal said:
I know very very worse case scenario its just a new engine £1000-£1500 (I'd would have gone for the £1500 Heritage) but all my money wrapped up in the house and needs finishing before the winter sets in as I have to think of the little one.
I will get one back hopefully next year or the next but the way prices are going I'd have to remortgage the house :roll:

Why can't the engine it has be repaired, what is wrong with it?

speedwell68 said:
Dal said:

Why can't the engine it has be repaired, what is wrong with it?

It more then likely can I was just saying that would be worse case scenario on cost, but the (hole in the wall) computer said no :cry: :cry:

Thanks for the texts and suggestions guys on the price and cost.

I agree and think £7500 sounds fair to me and the future buyer :cry:

crags said:
Hi, Nice bus. Do you have a contact number as i could be interested in buying her.

Ta

Vulture! :wink:

Hi Craig :)

Thats because you posted your price before i called. TBH i thought that £7500 was a bit rich for a non runner 72 bay but thats just MY opinion. :D

Good luck with your sale :)

No worries Dude I guessed it wasnt for you when I saw your Need the cash thread.
As for the price I was just going on the average suggested price via messages and texts.
Anyway the good news is she will be running on a strong 2ltr with all the goodies off the 1700 fitted (fingers crossed) as from Tuesday :D

Will renew the Ad once engine in :D :D

Ive got a loan all ready for the bus dude :wink:

It was the unexpected beetle purchase for the wife that has got me scrambling for a bit of extra cash.

Will the bus be the same price with the motor sorted and is the paint as good as it appears in the pics?

Yep the paint is perfect 8) as for the price I will be adding the cost of the engine, but wont be loads as it is a second hand engine. :D

Latest posts