• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - 72 Crossover with westy roof

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezzah

Reaction score
Come on people, grab yourself a bus before the summer starts and they start increasing in value all over again.

For sale, our lovely 1972 tax free crossover T2 campervan. This will come with a new O’Connors Westy style rear hinged roof fitted complete with bed and foam up top which cost £3500 to fit. It's colour coded too!!! It comes with a new 1776 engine which is still under warranty along with a new gearbox which is also under warranty. This was installed in last 5 months and professionally fitted. This engine is drip free and pulls really well - any inspection / test drive welcome and I’ll take it up Portsdown Hill where I live to give you an idea of it’s pulling power. It comes with twin 34 webers and the engine was rolling road set up, tested and tuned by Steve Airey giving nearly 80bhp. Please google Steve Airey if you want to know how good he is.

It comes with a CSP breather kit (pipes into rocker covers), a CSP shifter which makes changing gear easy (and it doesn’t foul the handbrake). It has 50 year old orange fog lights fitted (fully working). It comes with a Bluebird stainless steel exhaust system. It has working heat exchangers which blow warm air into the front cab and all vents and blowers work (it evens de-mists when the engine is running). Four new tyres have just been fitted and have less than 200 miles on them. New rear wheel bearings 12 months ago along with a new alternator (cause of the only breakdown in 2 1/2 years). Also has Pertronix electronic ignition, coil and leads. Tacho says 41k miles but it's a new engine and only done about 2000 miles since fitting so it will need another 50k to break it in lol.

Interior: Worktop designed, created and fitted by vwbusbits along with a matching buddy set that folds out to make a second seat, 12 month old 2 way fridge from JustKampers, a new fully working SMEV glass top sink/hob which pumps water in and has electronic ignition so no looking for matches anymore. It has a Volkswares 3/4 rock n roll bed fitted. All interior panels and cushions are from Abletrim and are a neutral cream colour. It has MCI red and blue anodised heater leavers, MCI chrome handbrake handle, and MCI door handles. Sony head unit, 2 front panel speakers with tweeters. You can stream music through the USB lead. Comes with 240v hook up with a RCD breaker unit to protect you from any possible electrical problems. It has an immobiliser fitted. The immobiliser has 3 key fobs so you’ll have spares. The leisure battery is under 12 months old.

Other bits: The underneath was professionally waxoyled/undersealed in December ready for winter. It has a fire suppressant system in the engine bay (just in case). The water pump can pump water in from the outside using a portable Fiamma water carrier which I will include with the sale. New door seals all round including all the cab doors had new seals, felt, chrome surrounds, 1/4 lights fitted last autumn. Included in the sale will be a black and white check wunderbra, thermal blinds, a thermal poptop cover and a Bluebird front cover for the front cab windows (fits on the outside and is superb). I have 2 folders worth of paperwork and history inc FSH for first 30 years - all previous MOT certs, tax discs, show winning documents, receipts and warranties for engine and gearbox. It has a cab hammock, 2 lap belts in the rear and a racing harness which works with a child seat so you can carry 5 people safely.

This van is structurally solid. The panels are original and you can check it all over with a magnet or whatever you want as you will not find any significant rust. There are a few pin hole problems around the arches and under the rear nearside light however they can be sorted with a little work. She really is in great condition, don't be put off by a few minor bits of pinhole rust, from 2 ft away you would notice it unless it was pointed out.

It has been regularly serviced by Vdubcampers in Chichester and all paperwork is there. Thousands spent making her as lovely as she is. A head turner and if you buy her be prepared to be pestered by people wanting to have a look in her. This vehicle has appeared on the advertising for the VW Campervan yearbook at shows throughout the year and will continue to do so this year too. I'll even throw in a front cab hammock (which is fitted) so you can sleep five.

So, in a nutshell you are getting a nearly (99%) rust free reliable van with a new engine and gearbox. The price reflects the work done and the quality of the work, all of it by professionals. It comes with 12 months MOT (until 08th March 2013) and remember this is a tax FREE one (like all good earlybays!!!).

It has a minimum insurance valuation of £14k.

Update: The bottom of the doors need a little work done on them, just a plate will sort it out. They have some corrosion at the bottom (like all these doors have) but it's not major and you cannot see it unless you're lying on your back on the floor. It won't cost more than £100 for these to be made perfect again, and by that I mean plating and painting over. :)

A few people have asked why I am selling, I couldn't afford to keep hiring a car for work and run this as well as the wifes car. I now have a T5 so we don't and can't keep both.

THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE SEEN IT SO FAR HAVE ALL COMMENTED THAT THIS IS ABSOLUTELY SOLID. IF YOU WANT A VAN WITH A GREAT ENGINE (STILL UNDER WARRANTY), SOLID UNDERNEATH AND WILL GET YOU TO FROM A TO B AND BACK AGAIN WITH NO FUSS THIS IS THE ONE.

YOU EITHER GET A SPOTLESS VAN WITH AN OK ENGINE OR A GOOD ENGINE AND A RUST BUCKET. THIS VAN IS SOLID, IT NEEDS MINIMAL TOUCHING UP ON THE BODY WORK TO MAKE IT SUPERB.

Update: This engine is from the Engine Shop. This is the link to the engine installed however mine isn't red as i wanted it to be the normal engine colour.http://www.theengineshop.info/acatalog/Big-Bore-Thurrock-Engine-1776cc-1835cc-1914cc-211100034.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This is the spec for the engine alone:
New crankcase
Reground crankshaft
New Fast Road camshaft
New main bearings
New big end bearings
New camshaft bearings
New barrels
New pistons with new piston rings
New gudgeon pins
New flywheel oil seal
Refaced flywheel
New spark plugs
New twin port cylinder heads
New valves
Supplied with fitting gaskets
Hot bench tested
Guaranteed for 12 months / 12,000 miles

Open to offers around £13500.

This is also on fleabay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300669068206#ht_3415wt_1278

UPDATE: I'VE ADDED A PHOTO WHICH WAS TAKEN AT BRIGHTON BREEZE 2011, YOU CAN SEE THIS VAN BEING USED ON THE ADVERTISING FOR THE VW YEARBOOK.

893d8822.jpg

photo-2-1.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

eef064cc.jpg

7e16889a.jpg

7cac318e.jpg

280059_2314067694074_1320896366_32817566_2676484_o.jpg

Newroof.jpg

ebayad.jpg

belowleftrearlight.jpg

bottomofdriversdoor.jpg

dirtybutperfectlyokgutter.jpg

driversdoorarch.jpg

driversdoorhandle.jpg

driversdoor.jpg

driverssidevent.jpg

driverssidewindows.jpg

enginelid.jpg

frontempi.jpg

frontpanel.jpg

frontright.jpg

front.jpg

fuelcaparea.jpg

goodbutdirtygutter.jpg

goodgutters1.jpg

gutterdriverssidefrontdirty.jpg

gutter.jpg

leftarch.jpg

leftdoor.jpg

leftfrontdoor.jpg

leftsidedoorpanel.jpg

leftsidefrontdoor.jpg

leftsidelookingback.jpg

leftsidemiddle.jpg

leftsideslidingdoorandfront.jpg

leftvent.jpg

realleftarch.jpg

realleftwheel.jpg

rearbackleft14.jpg

rearbackright14.jpg

rearleft14.jpg

rearleftbottom14.jpg

rearleftpanel.jpg

rearleft.jpg

rearrightlight.jpg

rightfrontheadlamp.jpg

rightfrontlight.jpg

rightfrontmiddle.jpg

righthandfront.jpg

rightmiddle.jpg

rightsiderear.jpg

rightside.jpg

sidewindows.jpg

slidingdoormech.jpg

slidingdoor.jpg

e3131777.jpg

b9bf33d2.jpg

4c726648.jpg

d22f8ec0.jpg

dbe1f7b7.jpg

d6da2c94.jpg

b8094ca7.jpg

cc931933.jpg

Doh, just remembered, it has a hammock too, and 2 lap belts in the rear and a racing harness which fits a child seat fantastically and is attached to the existing seat belt mounts so uber safe. Lots of other stuff lying around i'll throw in. You can turn up, pay means go straight to Cornwall in this. :)

Oh yeah, proper bumpers (rear from Graham on here) and splash pans on the rear too!!!

Good luck with the sale Tez, I can vouch for this quality bus! Shame your selling tho.........

Just

Cheers buddy, she's even better than when you saw here. Sadly work means we can't have two cars and this baby so i'm going to the darkside for a year or two (and then get another, maybe a panel van :evil: ) as I can use that for work too.

It's too expensive running three cars, one for work, the wife's and this baby. :(

Thanks for the comments dude, i'll still be here though. 8)

Nice bus good luck with the sale. I know they call it Steve Airey's now but I use to use him when it was Tom. Tell me does he still work from his garage at his house? A garage at home with a rolling road is so cool. Now I know he's still going I'll get him to set up my bus once it's run in.

Yep, it's his garage by the side of his house, it's an aladins cave of carb and tuning bits. My van went from 60 to 80+bhp following a rolling road session with him. 8)

creationblue said:
Good luck mate, still gonna do some shows?

Just

Hell yeah, got Dunnin in Dorset booked, Big Bang and looking at others too. If we get the dark side one sorted i'll be back in the SW sooner than you think. :D

Bump and a MASSIVE thanks to all the admin guys for sorting out the moron from Southampton who slagged me off then threatened me by PM about my bus.

PLUR to one and all.

Oh, and bump. :msn4:

It wasn't me honest!!!!! I didn't even mention Portsmouth FC :msn4:

Not trying to wreck your for sale thread but I thought this might cheer you up.

417684_3098720908571_1280599813_3198185_1388986792_n.jpg

Yea old news I bet but to a Saints fan that's classic. Going down after taking us down!!!!!!

MOT'd today - MOT valid until 08th March 2013.

£12k for this bus and you sort out the paintwork (which isn't a lot, i've photographed it all) ONO.

Who wants a 12+ month MOT'd bus with a new engine, gearbox and new westy roof tricked out with CSP goodies???

Hi I'm new to this forum, is this van still for sale?? If so how do I contact you???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts