A few holiday pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currylager

Reaction score
098.jpg

After a 300 Mile Journey from Shropshire to Cornwall a few beers were required. Camper left in car park to cool down, but looks cool any way to me :wink:

099.jpg

101.jpg

After chilling a bit it was off to a cracking campsite, lots of lovely greenery, lovely view all at £10 a night :D

103.jpg

Time to set up camp, put up the awning and reflect on a busy but successfull day.

073.jpg

A bit disorganised, but hey i love it :wink:

092.jpg

Catching a few rays, this was the 3rd week in July and the sun didnt stop shining 8)

077.jpg

It was still shining right up till sunset, this pic was taken in the bus looking out to sea from our campsite pitch with the odd glass of vino :D

086.jpg

We got up early the next day to get the best parking spot on Chapel Porth beach near St Agnes in Cornwall, well worth it.

IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/currylager/106.jpg[/IMG]

The best sliding door view all year :wink:

087.jpg

Breakfast on the beach.

106.jpg

088.jpg

The hard part, washing up!!!

089.jpg

A friend recommended this beach to me because of the excellent surf, he was not wrong. I am just learning to surf and managed to stand up a couple of times in Devon last year, this time i managed to stay on, thanks to a bit of expert tuition, best £20 i ever spent. I hope to go and try again next year.

I always wish we had taken more pics, but hey we had a cracking time and did 800 miles without any problems

What car parks the first picture? Looks like one I use in Perranporth...
Andy

Yeah thats by the green parrot pub, they usually insist you have to spend over £5 on drinks to park in there. When the attendant told me this i think they were expecting me to moan, but having another pint of crisp cornish cider in a sunny beer garden was fine by me :wink: . It's just as well my partner was insured to drive the bus to the campsite because i was a bit merry :)

nice pics, we came back from cornwall a week today.unfortunatly my hol pics didnt contain as much sun! :?

currylager said:
Yeah thats by the green parrot pub, they usually insist you have to spend over £5 on drinks to park in there. When the attendant told me this i think they were expecting me to moan, but having another pint of crisp cornish cider in a sunny beer garden was fine by me :wink: . It's just as well my partner was insured to drive the bus to the campsite because i was a bit merry :)
:lol: :lol: thats the one, I park there hit the beach all day, get me kebabs from the butcher over the road for the bbq in the evening then have a couple of cokes / plate of chips..
Pretty sad how I can recognise a car park eh :(
Andy

Thats because you've got plenty of happy memories, i couldnt remember much after those ciders, i really like that part of the world though, i like St Ives more but you are talking £30 a night for two people camping so it doesnt leave much beer money. The bus averaged around 27 mpg on 1641 on ict;s but i wasnt driving gently, the fuel bill was around £150 i reckon.

currylager said:
Thats because you've got plenty of happy memories, i couldnt remember much after those ciders, i really like that part of the world though, i like St Ives more but you are talking £30 a night for two people camping so it doesnt leave much beer money. The bus averaged around 27 mpg on 1641 on ict;s but i wasnt driving gently, the fuel bill was around £150 i reckon.

I only managed 3 days in St Ives this year as my Holidays were cut short through a crazy women driver, so sadly I did,nt even make Newquay / Perranporth area which I had booked the 2nd week..
Ayr campsite in St Ives was arount £28 per night but it,s a lovely setting (if the weathers nice) over looking the beach & town. I did,nt get much chance to settle & take in St Ives that much, seemed a nice place but the traffic through the town was appauling & those seagulls were the worst ever. :evil:
Where else do you get to? anymore photos I love seeing them..
Heres Porthmeor beach from our pitch on Ayr campsite.
StIvesjuly2008001.jpg

Andy

Where exactly is the campsite for £10 a night? Looks nice. :)

leon said:
Where exactly is the campsite for £10 a night? Looks nice. :)

The campsite is called Trevellas Manor farm and is a couple of miles outside Perranporth, between Perranporth and St Agnes. It can be a bit tricky to find but if you ever intend to head there drop me a PM and i'll try and give you directions. The price is £4 a head per night without hookup or £5 a night with hook up, we used the hook up to run a fridge in the awning, hairdryer and phone charger.

The views are amazing and it is nice to get a site that has clean facilities and good showers without being over commercial if you know what i mean.

You can get to Perranporth or ST Agnes via a coastal path (40 min walk) and taxis are not too expensive. My partner is not much of a drinker, bless her so i used to drive out in the bus in the evening, and she'd drive it back in the evening. We have now perfected the drive up to awning to an art :wink:

Ands1 said:
currylager said:

I only managed 3 days in St Ives this year as my Holidays were cut short through a crazy women driver, so sadly I did,nt even make Newquay / Perranporth area which I had booked the 2nd week..
Ayr campsite in St Ives was arount £28 per night but it,s a lovely setting (if the weathers nice) over looking the beach & town. I did,nt get much chance to settle & take in St Ives that much, seemed a nice place but the traffic through the town was appauling & those seagulls were the worst ever. :evil:
Where else do you get to? anymore photos I love seeing them..
Heres Porthmeor beach from our pitch on Ayr campsite.
StIvesjuly2008001.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck :( It's usually a mechanical problem (blown engine) that cuts a Vw holiday short. We actually camped in malvern with the TR owners register before heading for cornwall. My other toy is a 72 TR6 sportscar (shown below) so i am a member of another club too, we got loads of mickey taking when we turned up to the showground in the camper 8) . We then headed for perranporth but also visited, St Ives , Newquay and Padstow on different days and spent far too much on clothing in the surf shops. The camper was well loaded with Tr spares and other merchandise on the way home :lol: . We parked at the top of St Ives to avoid the traffic, but it is a bit crazy down there at times but i do love it. I hope you manage to get some use out of the bus if this blasted weather stops :twisted:
James

001.jpg

Latest posts