Accelerator cable adjustment.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pk1was

Reaction score
After giving my engine a full service, all plugs, leads etc changed carb stripped and cleaned and rebuilt. Timing set idle speed etc, i still felt something wasnt right.

When driving it was more unresponsive than normal and i looked and saw i wasnt getting full throttle. Haynes manual came out and i adjusted it as it said by opening full throttle and pressing pedal to the floor then clamp it up. Problem is it wont reset to idle :( so looked at pedal and noticed sloppyness in the joints and rod ( it doesnt seem to spring back to its fully up position until i pull it up by hand. Helped it a little by putting a stronger return spring on carb but still not perfect.

Anyone done anything to make the pedal return better

Cheers
Wozza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the pedal end linkage is all sloppy and worn then you end up with a choice between full throttle but bad idle or good idle but not full power :( problem is there isn't much slack to play with so the worn linkage means your using half your play just trying to get the pedal to engage. Good news is the parts aren't that expensive. If the pedal linkage has had it, it's worth replacing... 8)

Latest posts