Accelerator linkage

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alzy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rod that goes through the horn mounting through the chassis and out to where the cable is bolted on seems to have a grub screw on the horn end of it! Its like an allen headed grub screw!!

Well the head has been rounded off and it wont budge at all! And without taking this out i cant replace the shiny new chassis repair section! :cry:

I thought about cutting it but cant seem to find a replacement??

Anyone had this problem before??

Cheers

Alex

I would seriously consider fitting the later bay acc. set up as its a much better mechanisim and uses a more direct pull. There were two later set ups - both went accross the floor - either will do but the really late one is best. Its an easy modification and will give you a slack free set up.

the early ones are crap IMO

Use a blow lamp, WD40 & a good pair of vice grips. That should shif even the most stuborn of bolts!

yes 76 on - identified by the black plastic cover on the cab floor. youll need the whole assembly (including the pedal. - then you simply weld or even screw some brackets to the floor to secure it and re-route your cable so it goes to near the bottom of the handbrake. ITs pretty easy to do

Latest posts