Admiral Insurance rant

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67westy

Reaction score
Got an email from Admiral this morning telling me that the premium on the daily has been increased due to an undisclosed claim. Couldn't understand this so I gave them a call. Apparently I mistakenly entered 2010 instead of 2008 for a claim when getting a quote from compare the market last month. I asked them why don't they cross check it with the MIDB as all claims are recorded there but apparently "we don't use it for that", I thought that was the whole point of it :roll:

So they wanted me to jump through hoops getting proof of no accidents in 2010 from my insurer at the time. Luckily my NCD proof was from that period but it would have been a right pain in the arse if not.

And to top it off it was a no fault claim but increased the policy by £17.50! I queried this as I was an innocent party but they say it's standard practice to increase the policy for any claim regardless of fault :shock: bunch of robbing tossers! Guess who I wont be using next year :lol:

Latest posts