Advice: Ball joint splitter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Sam*

Reaction score
Hello all,
I need source a ball joint splitter at short notice that has a jaw size that will except 22mm and open to 55mm.
It's for splitting the ball joints from my dropped spindles so the space is tight between the top of the bottom ball joint and the bottom of the top ball joint.

I have seen a few on internet but would like to here from people who have done this job and have the tool.
Cheers
Sam

Have you tried separating them yet? Ive never yet needed a splitter to separate mine, I'm not sure wether this is to do with the reversal situation? Its worth trying.

What do you mean by separating the Clem ? Two hammers simultaneously hitting the spindle to release the taper ?

try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xknngFWO4a8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

*Sam* said:
What do you mean by separating the Clem ? Two hammers simultaneously hitting the spindle to release the taper ?

Just undoing mine allows the joints to come free from the spindles, never needed a splitter yet, I've taken them apart a few times now

*Sam* said:

That's the method I've always used, sometimes just with the one hammer if space is tight. They really need the 'shock' to release them, although if they're really stubborn, putting them under tension whilst doing this is never going to be a bad thing.

Cheers guys I will give shocking them a go. The beam and spindles are off the bus so access to it all might be easier.

Latest posts