Air shocks on front ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkey

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm thinking of adding air to the front of my 69 ! It's pretty low at the moment and it can be a pain when loaded for a camping weekend. It's got a slamwerks beam, dropped spindles, adjustable gas shocks and tubbed arches.
Anyone out there give me a few pointers ? Ie where to buy the necessary gear to give me a little lift when needed ?

Cheers

With my old set up it gave me about 6 cm loft :D
It,s for sale, but i'm located across the channel ;)

Watching this thread, thinking about the same for mine front and back, don't need more height, just stop it getting lower when loaded. I know air shocks have a larger body for the air, amazingly, but don't know what will fit, and they ain't cheap, so don't want to get the wrong ones!

It can be a bit of a minefield as you need to make sure shock length is right, compressor and tank of the right size etc, there's quite a few people on here running them so do a quick search, people like Mycha & Radish spring to mind.

Seen a couple of instances where the air shock will not lift the bus as the suspension arms are at the wrong angle and damper fully closed and then the compressors not man enough to lift the weight of the bus.

Do your research before spending any money :)

Just a question , when our van was static it was still really low and the main problems we had were the rear not the front, but then again we do have everything raised , as graham said do loads a research as there's a few that have fell fate to poor performance of this set up. Hydros will sort all your problems but I dare say a bit more expense.

jth

Latest posts