Air shocks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the Monroe shocks, if you want maximum lift then you really need to go the route of John the Horse which is awesome or the air ride technology shocks from airkewld, that said these are a much more expensive route than the Monroe shocks!!

Just my opinion :D[/quote]

no shit im totally skint now, only problem is if my compresser fails and im sat on the deck do rac have a forklift :oops: :lol:

no shit im totally skint now, only problem is if my compresser fails and im sat on the deck do rac have a forklift :oops: :lol:

Doh!

Can use one of those cheap jump start packs with the compressor in? Assuming you have a airline connector on your setup somewhere? If not, can you get one fitted?

I have this for when i forget to turn off the headlights:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PORTABLE-POWER-STATION-ENGINE-COMPRESSOR/dp/B000R5F7Z6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Always starts the bus fine, compressor and light for late night repairs at the side of the road, and 12V cigarette outlet for sat nav/phone charging

Cheers,

Alistair

thanks for the up but as i dont have any air ill not bother thanks , hyraulics so lookin into an enerpac jack for emergencies should be too hard to sort.{ you dont get these troubles with stock now do ya!! :roll:

john the horse

Yeah I asked about the kieft air shock kit but thought £495 sounded a bit steep. Then again it depends on what you get I spose?

r73 said:
Yeah I asked about the kieft air shock kit but thought £495 sounded a bit steep. Then again it depends on what you get I spose?

Hi,

Well, from the email i got below, it sounds like what i have just ordered for my bus:

Hello Alistair.

At the moment, I don't have more pics yet.

The complete set will appear in our webshop asap.

Price will be €495,-

Includes:

- The right lenght shocks with 1/4 socket tig welded

- Compressor 70 ltr. a minute

- 6mm Airhose + all fittings needed

- Control panel with pressure gauge (0-10Bar) , off/on switch and mechanical deflate button

I would assume this is front and rear at that price, will be interested to see if they have matched up the same setup that i am looking at (nice markup if so)

Cheers,

Alistair

Yup that's thesame email I got!
Have you ordered rear ones as well then?
Ta
Rob

r73 said:
Yup that's thesame email I got!
Have you ordered rear ones as well then?
Ta
Rob

Oh yes! Got the lot, front and rear, compressor, dash mount and gauge, buttons for the control, airlines, extra fitting kits etc. Just need to sort some slightly longer bolts as the body is a little thicker.

Do you think there kit is just the rear then? What about the T"D kit? I suspect this is the KNK kit as they work together?

Cheers,

Alistair

I'm not sure how many shocks it includes?
But I should imagine t2 will be the same yeah
Only you might get some stickers with it and pay £100 more :msn4:
Well keen to see how you get on with yours bud

Alistair don't forget to put the pics up.
Sounds just what I need for the pick up for when I load the bikes in the rear just need a little bit of extra lift.

r73 said:
I'm not sure how many shocks it includes?
But I should imagine t2 will be the same yeah
Only you might get some stickers with it and pay £100 more :msn4:
Well keen to see how you get on with yours bud

Hi,

Will post pics when it all arrives, so you can see what i have got, not too sure when i can fit if the weather gets worse though, might have to spend and get a garage to do it.. :shock:

Keep your eyes peeled on the kieft n klock site, they are supposed to be getting pictures up, then we will see!

Cheers!

Alistair

rustydiver said:
Alistair don't forget to put the pics up.
Sounds just what I need for the pick up for when I load the bikes in the rear just need a little bit of extra lift.

Hi,

Your right, it would be ideal for when loaded, as this is what they are designed for. Will post picc ys once they arrive

Cheers,

Alistair

I have a set of monroes on the front / slamwerks bay beam / flipped ball joints / Etc

I had to weld on a spacer for the shocks to miss the body and just pump it up with a 12v air pump if i need it up or let air out if i need it down.

I used this set up for bad and ebi this year ( 2600 miles ) 3 people and luggage no probs.

KnK do a kit. It is 495 euros

Includes:

- The right lenght shocks with 1/4 socket tig welded

(2 available lenghts)

- Compressor 70 ltr. a minute

- 6mm Airhose + all fittings needed

- Control panel with pressure gauge (0-10Bar) , off/on switch and mechanical deflate button

Hi,

I have now got the kit together, though i haven't had the time to check for the spacer and bolts etc

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

As you will see, i have both front and rear shocks, instead of just the 2 offered by the others. I got this in for my bus, but once i get the spacer etc, i may offer if any interest, a kit with everything you see, 2 fitting kits, 4 air dampers, pipework and dash mounted height controller with inflate and deflate from the dash , gauge and 100psi compressor for probably £350
Could do it cheaper if you source your own, or make up a spacer, which shouldn't be too hard, a very nice saving over the 450 euro's!

Cheers,

Alistair

hmm may well be interested in that : ), how much lift exactly does it give ?

betsy70 said:
hmm may well be interested in that : ), how much lift exactly does it give ?

Well, i have yet to fit this to my van because of the poxy weather, but a couple of inches, maybe a bit more, have a look at the video i posted a little earlier in the thread for a better idea of the lift, would depending on how much air you put in. Apparently, you can use the compressor and have them linked together to raise or lower both ends at the same time, though i need to look through the details properly, i have only just unpacked it and took pictures, not read the paperwork yet

Cheers!

Alistair

I'll be intersted in the dash mounted height controller and compressor.
Any idea for the cost of them :D

Latest posts