Ajustable spring plate help!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When did you buy them?
Did you order the wrong ones/ or did they send you the wrong ones?

Surely they will take them back to swop for the right ones!.... you will only need to change the two splined parts.

pre 71 has 48 outer splines then changed to 52 outer splines

where did you get them from ?if you dont mind me asking

I got them off ebay from a bloke that was "GOING" to fit them to his 69 bay, so they should fit mine.... he said he got them from creative enginering!

Im currently fitting my standard spring plates back on, its bloody cold out there and im struggling :(

Grrrr

Thought it strange they didn't send you the instructions, i'd give them a bell though they may exchange them for you, worth a try.

I got them for £140 off ebay and the man said he bought them brand new from creative enginers, i might ring creative tomorrow and pretend i bought them and ask if they will swap them :(

Im so gutted, and just to make matters worse i now need to fit my original spring plate and the torsion bar has been out since taking them off so its gonna be a guessing game to get the back end level :(

Poo :(

did you use paypal?

if so and they prove to be wrong you can get your money back quite quickly, been down that road before after being mis sold an item.....

freddie said:
I got them for £140 off ebay and the man said he bought them brand new from creative enginers, i might ring creative tomorrow and pretend i bought them and ask if they will swap them :(

Im so gutted, and just to make matters worse i now need to fit my original spring plate and the torsion bar has been out since taking them off so its gonna be a guessing game to get the back end level :(

Theres something in the haynes manual about setting up spring plates from scratch iirc.

If it turns out they are for a late bay/crossover then I'm sure there will be someone on here that will take them off your hands.

ground hugger said:
pre 71 has 48 outer splines then changed to 52 outer splines

where did you get them from ?if you dont mind me asking

Just counted, and yes... i have 52 splines.... damn it

Araon said:
did you use paypal?

if so and they prove to be wrong you can get your money back quite quickly, been down that road before after being mis sold an item.....

Unfortunatly i didnt use paypal.... i drove to his house and payed cash.... im tempted to drive back and say you sold me something that wouldnt fit... as he only lives a few miles away... dunno if i have any rite to demand a refund tho :(

Loxy said:
freddie said:

Theres something in the haynes manual about setting up spring plates from scratch iirc.

If it turns out they are for a late bay/crossover then I'm sure there will be someone on here that will take them off your hands.

Yeah i think they must be for a late bay.... il be putting them on ebay tomorrow :)

that all depends on how he sold it as you say he bought the 52 spline so he knew it didnt fit his 69......

Araon said:
that all depends on how he sold it as you say he bought the 52 spline so he knew it didnt fit his 69......

Yeah, i think il shove them on ebay and clearly state they are for a 72 - 79!!!

Haha, cheers :)

Sorry to hear this mate.

I would give Mandy a ring at creative and see if they will swop them. Don't make any excuses, just say that you bought the wrong ones.

They are pretty good and it would save you the additional cash, it should not cause creative any issues as they can sell on anyway.

Jon

faux said:
Sorry to hear this mate.

I would give Mandy a ring at creative and see if they will swop them. Don't make any excuses, just say that you bought the wrong ones.

They are pretty good and it would save you the additional cash, it should not cause creative any issues as they can sell on anyway.

Jon

Oooo cool, yeah i think i will give them a ring, hope they will swap them, they are in brand new condition :)

Rang up creative today and the nice woman said send them back to her and she will exchange them :)

Im so pleased, so next weekend ( if they are here ) i can FINALLY lower my bay propperly and hopefully sucsessfully!

:)

faux said:
:wink: Remember to tell Mandy you want them for the weekend.....
haha, i didnt tell her that..... if they are not here tomorrow il have to wait til next week :(

I did send mine in to her on monday, so im hoping they will be here in the morning :)

Latest posts