Ajustable spring plate help!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spoke to them, apparently the spring plates are all ready and will be here by monday!

I just REALLY hope they are here now, as i have to go back to Uni Monday night and wont be home again for a few weeks!

Keeping my fingers crossed that they are here monday morning and il work til late monday night fitting them!

I will keep posted!

:)

THEY FINALLY CAME! :)

Was outside in the FREEZING cold fitting them today from 9am til about 9pm!!!

Lets just say i have never delt with bolts so seized!!!!

But they are on :) And the rear end looks VERY low and cool :)

I trimmed the bump stops down to about an inch and a half, there is a knocking sound everytime i go over bumps now as i have dropped down a good 4 inches, i take it the knocking is the bumpstop being hit.

Should i get smaller shocks to stop this banging? Or trim the bump stops a bit more?

I will get pictures up asap as it was dark by the time i finished :)

8)

glad that you got it all sorted. i phones up Creative last week and spoke to Mandy. she was very nice, and it made a change to talk to a female at a vw parts supplier who knows what they are taking about. i've had problems with both Custom&commercial and schofield of all places. i make sure that i speak to alan.

anyway, i ordered mine on wednesday and they arrived thursday - cant fault it!

good to hear that it was a good ending mate

stiffer shocks would maybe ease the knocking but make the ride harsher, i wouldnt trim too much off the bump stops.

Glad to hear it is sorted now, much easier than trying to sort out through Ebay.

I have no knocking at the rear at all, I cut the rubber bump stop down to about 15mm and replaced the shocks with Spax gas adjustable ones to the correct length of travel.

It runs great.

Hey, yeah think i should buy some new shocks, mine are not much good for a slammed bay! :lol:

Here are some pics, will be more on my Gallery thread :)

DSCF1546.jpg

DSCF1583.jpg

DSCF1573.jpg

So pleased with it :) Just need to get the front down another inch or 2 now :lol:

Thanks for your help everyone!!

Latest posts