Alice the Campervan

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CamperLamb

Reaction score
Westy1.jpg

westy2.jpg

westy4.jpg

westy3.jpg

Originally shipped to Texas from Germany (zee Germans), there for 25 years with one owner. Taken to Mexico and there with one owner for nearly 10 years, then over here! I have photos of her in Mexico, and all the original paperwork. She is totally original inside, and really great! A few little jobs to do, but several people have mentioned she is the straightest one they've seen from the States!
I am very proud of her, and she's my regular ride. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Shes a 72 - I have the copy of the original Texas document when she was imported to Texas from Zee Germans. She isnt low light though, so must have been on the cross over time. She was registered in May '72 though, so they must have changed it early that year!!
I wont change her though... shes just fine as she is; room for all our 'boards, food, sleeping stuff for holibobs. She's 2 litre, so she'll get us where we want to go better than 55mph!! She's happy at 70-75, on motorways.
The kids are totally in love with her, as I am. Its good to have something that I can finally get my spanners on when I need to - being qualified spanner monkey helps! She has the original US lights on the sides at the back - really cool, cos they work!! She has a home made exhaust (not my doing) which sounds awesome...
Fanks for the compliment! :mrgreen: :oops:

thats pretty unique looking with the early bumpers,

so that must be one of the first late bays???

pretty cool bus 8)

Presume so... she's just wonderful! I like the fact that she doesnt fit into a particular 'box' - that makes her all the more special! Everyone who walks by while I'm tinkering all say what a smashing looking bus she is... but then I am completely biased! :mrgreen:

Latest posts