Another leisure battery Q!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyb77

Reaction score
I've got an 85amp leisure battery and split charge relay thingy which all works fine.

What I was wondering was:

I want to add a 2nd 85amp batt to give me cold beer , lights and music for longer.

Do I just get some (correct guage) cable and connect the terminals on each +ve to +ve and -ve to -ve?

Will the split-charge system charge both batteries (albeit obviously slower than a single)?

Or will my bus just blow up? :roll:

Cheers

I'm by no means an expert but I believe you can have problems with linking a pair of leisure batteries as you've suggested (something to do with overcharging?). I've got a 2nd high capacity sealed leisure battery which I connected to the secondary fuse box with the primary leisure battery via a 3 way on/off/on switch using 30amp cable. The day before a trip I top up the charge on the 2nd leisire battery via a standard battery charger from the house.Works fine for me but if there is a way to charge both I'd also love to hear.

In thoery yep

or http://www.yachtbits.com/sterling_power" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... diodes.php

or a single 115AH battery

Latest posts