Another white westy - Busted again!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what happened to my photo's? i thought the photobucket issue was resolved?

Anyway update without photo's is I've put a new canvas on the roof and painted the roof in a matt L90D iv'e also used the bus loads without breaking down!!

Its been a while since I've posted. The breakdown bus has had a great run in recent years covered a lot of miles too.
Now its broken! i'vwe got something to add! just had a ball ache with that spamahus too.
Well the engine is dead, oil hose came off the filter. I've started an engine build which i will post up soon and i've also been building again.
i've started putting a rear disc kit together, everything is new and you can buy it all off the shelf at decent prices. Latebay and Porsche pattern only but you could run an adapter. Photo soon.

Cheers Darius

Can't work the photo's out at the mo so can only add links.

Since i've been away we went on an adventure to Ninove with Sparkywig, the Archers and the Juhels but only made it to Ghent

Also made a trip to aircooled something

Camped alot

mike202 said:
sorry to hear about the knackered engine! Was it an oil pipe on the full flow filter that came away?

Hi Mike yes it was, possible my fault as I fitted the wrong filter which may have been too small! i haven't found anyone else to blame as yet :lol:

I thought it was ok as it didn't make any horrible noises when I refilled with oil and fired it up and idling, but when its warm and driven to about 1500rpm it makes a light knocking.
It was suggested that maybe a small end has gone, but I won't know till I remove it and install the new one. Which won't for a while as i need some different heads from what I have.

Hope the engine build goes well and back at it sooner rather than later.

Well I see that I am not the only one with a nightmare ...........SPAMHAUS.
Doing my swede in, the only thing I am able to do is cry on Clem's shoulder :lol: :lol:
I think he then got hold of Johnny to assist. I tried everything to no avail.

Enjoy the build.

J & P
:D :D :D And stay virus free.

Spamhaus id a wanker!

This is my first engine build so my advice would be read if you like to read then get on Youtube, you will get a good understanding of what your doing. EZGZ and VWdarrin do some good video's. Clean clean and clean everything too!

The engine built to the short block and will probably stay that way till the new year now due my heads. One of those things, if I go bigger valves it'll cost me a hell of a lot more then if I use stock.

1904cc spec is:-
90.5 AA B&P
74mm DPR crank
Scat 5.394 H-beams arp bolts
Scat C25
1:1.25 rockers
26mm oil pump, external filter and a good oil cooler which i can't remember the name of.
Ali push rods
36mm dells with 30mm venturi's
215mm 8 dowel fly wheel stock clutch
Rotating assembly was balanced by the late Dan Simpson

Probably some other bits too.

I weighed everything else and got the decimal place wrong so each rod to piston are all with in 0.05.! its actually closer as I was trying to get 0.01g.

The heads I have aren't usable now with out extra work but they were stock valves which I had opened and semi hemi cut.
So I'm weighing up a pair of stock AA500 or if I swap the exhaust to 1.5" then I'll go bigger valves either get a pair from Statesidevw or some panchito's.

I have some fast fab bits to go on it when its done to, fuel pump block off, dizzy clamp and push rod tubes.

Not really much to see in the photo's but here they are.

I had the case aqua blasted which made it come up great.

Even though i read a 74mm crank can fit without case clearance i had to do a little due to the ARP bolts

Plugged oil pump

That engine looks very clean, shame to put it together and then get it dirty!
Good luck :)

Latest posts