Antti Roll Bar Snapped!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Air Cooled Rookie

Reaction score
The front anti roll bar on my van snapped this afternoon. It's the second time that this has happened, the last time being about 10,000 miles ago.

Is there any reason for them to snap? I've never heard of them going on other vehicles.

The van, by the way, is bog standard and riding at normal hieght.

Snapping at same/similar point?

any pics?

obviously they'll only snap under extreme duress / body roll....

Where did you get the roll bar from? Was it new or used? We had one snap recently, it was second hand when we got it and from a questionable source (it was free) so it could have come from a lowered bay which are notorious for snapping roll bars. In fairness the break point was on a rust point where the was severe weakening of the steel.

Thanks for the replies! :D I'll take a photo tomorrow if I remember my camera. Basically it looks like a clean break, but, where as most of the cross section of the bar is clean steel/grey colour, there is a small crecent shape of black/corrosion at the bottom of the cross section where I assume there was a crack for some time. Hope that makes sense!

Both bars snapped just before the anti roll bar bush. I can't remember for sure if the break was on the same side.

The first one to go was fitted to the van when I bought it, so I don't know where that came from. The latest one to go was the replacement andwas bought brand new from GSF.

Latest posts