Any 'Big Kids' amongst us?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camperdan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Danbury
So come on.... own up!

Who's bought the exclusive edition VW Camper from Lego?

Surely I can't be the only one?

Managed to blag it with the wife that its an early xmas present for my son.... but as he's only 8 months, I'll just have to do the honourable Dad thing... and build it for him!!!

Suffice to say the wife saw straight through that... but then completely surprised me in being a closet Lego fan herself!

Needless to say we've been building it together of an evening once the lads in bed... and it's been bloody good fun! Detail is great and especially love the fully operational rock n roll rear seat/bed!

Will post pics when finished..... and invite others to do the same.... you know who you are!!!!

I bought two :D

One for me now, and one for my 5 year old for when he's a bit older.

Cant believe i put a post out about this when i first saw it and no one responded

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

one day i'll be in the gang :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have expressed a interest myself. Now I just have to wait and see if I've been good and Santa brings it!!!!!

My eldest was 10 on Sunday & Guess what he had for his Birthday present?

He just finished building it last night - I was only allowed to help with the engine
and the roof though :cry:

Hes already fitted a working interior light (from another lego exclusive set) which comes
on when you shut the door and looks quite cool lit up at night

He is currently building a radio flyer & retro fuel can for the roof rack. He has an identical spare wheel
(again from another set) so hes going to fit that the the front as well.

Then he says hes going to look at slamming it & narrowing the front beam then its time to build a westy trailer!!

I asked my girlfriend to get me it for Christmas and was promptly told to finish putting my real camper back together :-( grumpy cow lol.

Karl

I've managed to convince the missus that our 4 year old needs the Lego space launch pad with rocket (3368). Of course he won't get a look in when it comes to the build :)

ive dropped many a hint to the wife for chrimbo. but two questions

1. can it be lowered

2. do they also do a lego 911 so i can nick the wheels off it

:D :D :D

Thought about it, but ive decided its not a very good copy. The orange disco bus they did on the web site earlier in the year was much better.

9faf9ed9.jpg

Nope. Not me. ;)

Got my lad one for xmas, you never know, I may even allow him to take it out the box ;) Thought about investing in a couple, have you seen the prices on ebay????? Future classic, check the prices on the lego beetle!

Latest posts