Anyone build performance Type IV 4 engine?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haveacamper

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just wondering whether anyone has ever built a performance Type IV engine - for their bus or other vehicle?

I'm looking to build up a 2258cc 96x78 based on a CJ engine case. I'm looking for advice of the best place to get the long block components from?

Anyone used Stateside Tuning for before? They seem to be the only place in UK who do performance Type IV engine component stuff that I can find. I've found a load of places over in the US, DRD Racing Heads and TypeIVStore, but shipping is a stinger!

I'm wanting the stuff to be shipped to Australia, but as i'm visiting back in UK enxt month I was thinking I may be able to box the stuff up with some personal effects that i'm having shipped out here anyway

NaFe

You might have more luck asking over on the late bay. Seen a couple of threads on there with people building up some tasty type 4's

I think this may be useful?

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewforum.php?f=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clem said:
I think this may be useful?

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewforum.php?f=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Mike, I'm already a member and reading as quick as i can hehe. most places that do alot of good work in terms of type 4 are based in US, Jake Raby, TypeIVStore, DRD Racing Heads etc. $ and shipping costs are just makign them even more expensive lol

I used Stateside Tuning for all the parts for my Type IV rebuild. Jim is seriously knowledgeable and had stock of some great quality parts.

I think LA Performance are a good Type 4 engine builders? Based around the Santa Pod area I think.

Thanks bmx! I remember him being pretty good last time I contacted him back in 2008 when I was thinking about rebuilding my last type 4. Went a different direction and went porsche.

Mike, I thought they used to do engine builds but Lee appears to have changed his website to germanlook. Co.uk and doesn't have anything engine related on there.

i think axlfoley used Jim (at least in part) for his 2110 build.

NaFe

quote="mattyd72"]Paul Weeding is the man to see for a stout type 4 motor

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk[/quote]

Thanks matty. im looking to build it myself and thought Paul was a builder?

Ive had a few raving reviews with stateside so been on contact with them and James is gongtto put a fee specs together for me.

Latest posts