New engine building advice.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr scoops

Reaction score
So, after a couple of mishaps along the way I have decided I am going to scratch build a new lump for my 71.

I've decided to stick with 1584cc for the capacity.
I'm going to put in a counterweighted crank and get the bottom end balanced, make the engine as smooth as I can.

I already have a set of 1.25/1 ratio rockers, should I couple this with a 100 or c20 cam or will it be overkill?

I'm sticking with stock heads and adding a pair of 36IDFs (again that I already have).
I'm going to run a VS exhaust too.

Finally I'm planning to run a full flow system, I"m not bothering with a remote cooler but I do want to run an external filter, to give the engine some extra longevity.

I've noticed a couple of places are selling complete engine kits but I don't know if they are made up of good quality gear or budget stuff.

Any advice anyone can give is welcomed.

Please see my posting re the cylinder heads. I really do advise you to get them looked at. 36s will be very nice. A c35 will work well but you may have to switch to 1:1.1 rockers (you can always try swapping with the engine in place).

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts