• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

BWA (>USB?) 2.4 type 4 motor up for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passion 4

Reaction score
Is anybody interested in a rather special (already proven & well known) BWA 2.4 type 4 motor? Could be a first if it was used in a USB as well? ;)

Best of the best by Ahnendorp BAS (http://www.ahnendorp.com), turnkey, Porsche Cooling, twin 44 webbers, special stainless BAS 4 into 1 merged header, it has separate risers to prevent the head studs pulling under warm up (like a Porsche) it’s has a totally merged system with springed collector, all stainless etc. sounds great, plus lots of goodies, just had a full strip down, clean & reassemble so now all ready to go again. :D

Although it ran a 15.4 without trying too hard, it really isnt an out and out drag motor, more a superb smooth torque monster on the street and motorways :D

Only raced officially 6 runs (Not by me ;) ), then street use… mileage approx 10,000 not enough to carbon up the piston tops, if thats any indication?

No problem, the exact original specs from BAS were a bit vague, but it was built as a money no object item (cost over £10k!)… hence the way it performs!

I’ll just double check the exact specs with Rob at RNJ Motorsport, as he has quite literally, just completed a full strip down, clean and re-assemble, plus fitted some new goodies and tweaked the heads to give a better compression ratio, so he knows far better than me what it has got in it, but from memory it has;

Genuine 103 mm mahle barrels and pistons
• Match ported manifolds
• Extensively reworked heads
• 3 Angle Valve job
• Clearanced case, lightened and balanced
• Heads have a 58cc chamber
• Compression ratio set at 8.9-1
• Schleicher 324° Cam with special grind
• Powerband from 3,500 to 7,500 rpm
• Twin weber 44 carbs/linkage
• BAS thermo oil block/external oil temp bypass
• K&N filters
• Genuine Porsche cooling; 11 blade fan with built in regulator
• Balanced rods/crank/lightened flywheel
• All lightened /balanced/blueprinted and match weighted
• 8mm stainless valves
• Re-worked 2 litre Porsche crank, nitride, balanced
• New barrel shims
• New pushrod tubes
• New chromoly retainers
• New dual valve springs
• New DIS-IX Ignition System for 009 distributor

Bit of an old cliché, but as I’m sure you are aware, you could not build it for this kind of money!

Bargain at £6k

Happy to personally deliver anywhere in mainland UK at 50p/mile round trip

Now I’ll let the pics do the talking…

for those that asked, here are a few pics I took today…

24_type4_01.jpg

24_type4_03.jpg

24_type4_04.jpg

24_type4_05.jpg

24_type4_06.jpg

24_type4_07.jpg

24_type4_08.jpg

24_type4_09.jpg

24_type4_12.jpg

Sounds like a cracker of an engine - just out of my price league (unless the decimal point can be shifted to the left ;) )

Good luck :D

maybe I should offer an installment scheme? :lol:

Apparently someone has spoken to BAS and they would be expecting 180–185 BHP from this sort of set-up?

Genuine 103 mm mahle barrels and pistons
• Match ported manifolds
• Extensively reworked heads
• 3 Angle Valve job
• Clearanced case, lightened and balanced
• Heads have a 58cc chamber
• Compression ratio set at 8.9-1
• Schleicher 324° Cam with special grind
• Powerband from 3,500 to 7,500 rpm
• Twin weber 44 carbs/linkage
• BAS thermo oil block/external oil temp bypass
• K&N filters
• Genuine Porsche cooling; 11 blade fan with built in regulator
• Balanced rods/crank/lightened flywheel
• All lightened /balanced/blueprinted and match weighted
• 8mm stainless valves
• Re-worked 2 litre Porsche crank, nitride, balanced
• New barrel shims
• New pushrod tubes
• New chromoly retainers
• New dual valve springs
• New DIS-IX Ignition System for 009 distributor

24_type4_01.jpg

24_type4_03.jpg

24_type4_04.jpg

24_type4_05.jpg

24_type4_06.jpg

24_type4_07.jpg

24_type4_08.jpg

24_type4_09.jpg

24_type4_12.jpg

BWA time; http://www.buseswithattitude.co.uk/cms/index.php?page=retro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As I don’t have anything to put the engine in at the moment, I could also be tempted by a px or px+cash, so anyone want to try and tempt me…

quote; This is more a driving, rather than a racing engine (although if the compression was increased, I was told 14’s would be reached without trying too hard), it’s a silky smooth motor with torque and instant power from all rev ranges or speeds… opposed to a type 1 motor which relies on rpm and/or dropping gears etc to make power or get moving.

Type 4’s are so superior it is painfull to think of building or buying a big bucks type 1 engine which run stressed, hot, and make less power than a decent type 4 anyway!

:D

24_type4_04.jpg

Brand new DIS-IX Distributorless Ignition System For the 009 Distributor fitted
TRIPLE the energy of Conventional Electronic Ignition Systems!
COMPLETE SYSTEM includes all electronics, custom ultra high energy coil pack, silicone spark plug wires, and all wiring, connectors and mounting hardware.

• Max HP
• 60,000+ volts output
• Instant starting in any weather
• Maintenance free

24_type4_18.jpg

24_type4_10.jpg

how many sexual favours will it take to get me this engine? :mrgreen:

Did I mention it comes complete with a special stainless BAS 4 into 1 merged header?, it has separate risers to prevent the head studs pulling under warm up (like a Porsche) it’s has a totally merged system with springed collector, all stainless etc. sounds great :D

Latest posts