Anyone recommend/know what camping is like around Poole?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Termite

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of giving the van it's maiden voyage this weekend with the new DIY interior I've made and the girlfriend fancies going down to Stonehenge and then maybe onto Poole. She's never been camping before, so I imagine she will hate every minute of it, but does anyone have any recommendations of a good site around that sort of area? We're only thinking of camping for the one night to break it to her gently. I don't need electric hook-up or anything fancy as I have sorted the leisure battery this week, but she has made it abundantly clear it must have decent toilets/showers! :mrgreen:

Also, if anyone's from down that neck of the woods, how is the ground etc. looking at the moment after all the crap weather we had?

Cheers,
Termite

There are numerous decent sites in Wareham Forest, just outside Poole, with Wareham Forest Tourist Park probably the best in terms of facilities. Will be packed with kids though as the schools break up this weekend.

For a quieter site with excellent toilets and showers, Norden Farm at Corfe Castle is recommended. It's a short run from Poole but worth it I reckon.

Both have web sites.

Thanks, that's more of a worry to me than the shower blocks/toilets, as regardless of how good those are, you ain't going anywhere stuck in the mud!

Wareham Forest looks like it has hard standing pitches available which is good as I don't have an awning etc.. to worry about.

Poole and bournemouth are crap for camping. swanage across the water, wareham forest and the new forest on bournemouth side have lots of good ones.

In the new forest I like these 2.
http://redshoot-campingpark.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ocknell

plenty round salisbury all very sceneic.

have a blast

Delilahtoo said:
There are numerous decent sites in Wareham Forest, just outside Poole, with Wareham Forest Tourist Park probably the best in terms of facilities. Will be packed with kids though as the schools break up this weekend.

For a quieter site with excellent toilets and showers, Norden Farm at Corfe Castle is recommended. It's a short run from Poole but worth it I reckon.

Both have web sites.

I'd agree with these, as well as Woodyhyde near Corfe Castle.

FFS! Your only going to camp one measly night!

- and making such a flipping fuss about ground conditions, campsite quality, hard standing, toilets, showers etc..

- this is either a wind up thread or you both need to "man up"

or alternativly quit the whole camping thing for ever :lol: :lol:

Haha - no, I love camping and would camp anywhere, shower or no shower. It's easy to pee up a tree. It's her! lol

Redshoots in the new forest is a field by a pub, so excellent one night stop and Norden Farm gets lots of mentions too.
We were at Woodhyde at half term, lovely site and if showers are a priority, they do two styles - free ones to get you clean and posh ones you pay for (tokens). We were camping with friends and noticed that the men all used the free ones and the ladies all went shopping for the tokens :lol:

Latest posts