• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Are you off to America, Canada or Mexico soon?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shroom

Reaction score
I have just been on a road trip around Washington State, Oragon and California and bought a Sat Nav and a mobile phone. Budget wanted 11 dollars a day for the Sat Nav that worked out at over 150 dollars for the fortnight. I Bought a Sat Nav for 180 dollars and hope to get some money back!

The Sat Nav is a Tom Tom XXL 550. It was purchased for 169.99 plus tax. It is 2 weeks old and the plastic protective screen is still on it. It has the power cord and the cord to link up to the computer to upgrade the maps (that are free for life); it also has an adhesive pad if you want to stick it to anything. Is in excellent condition.

The phone is tracfone a Samsung. It will work until 15th October before you need to top up. It has 158 minutes paid on it. You can phone UK, Europe, Canada or USA with these minutes. You can top up easily at Tracphone to buy extra minutes (about 20 cents per minute. This is much less than the £1.20 T mobile wanted for me to use my mobile. It has an American number on it already. Area code 206. This means that your friends can call you or you can call within America and have an American call back. I had it for piece of mind. I used 130 minutes in 2 weeks. This was 44 dollars. It has a 12v charger an earpiece and a 120v charger. And a little pouch to hold it in. This phone only works in USA and had great coverage from Washington State to California

Please note that UK calling means you have to dial an access code and incoming calls still knock off your balance.

This little lot cost about £146 all in.

Up for £100 plus £5 postage

Any questions or offers give me a shout.

Latest posts