Audio Question - Speakers!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wishart

Reaction score
For speakers up front in my bus, direct from Headunit (no amp) Ive seen the following two for sale. Can anyone tell me what they think is the better option.... and why! I dont understand the difference between them, both similar prices but seemingly different outputs?

JVC CS-V525 190 watts 2-way speakers - £24.99

or

Denver CSP5140 4 inch 2-way 40W RMS speaker - £29.99

Cheers

oh and this is the Head unit that im considering: JVC KD-G541 CD / MP3 Player

jvc_kd-g541.jpg

you can get both of theses at about £15...

the JVC have a better frequency response but then you need to look at exactly what you'll be able to hear in that range in a car let alone in a bus....

ignore the 190W max that will lull you into a false sense of security and you'll pop the things the first time you crank up (when you eventually fit an amp)....

to be honest I wouldnt with that head unit as your going to want to put that through an amp at some point as 4 .. 12.5 W o/ps arent a great deal, by all means get the head unit but ramp up the speakers to cover the future addition of an amp ...

Ah thanks mate, thats great. What kind of range should I be looking at then for the fronts? When I get an amp set up there will be rear speakers of course. I dont think im going down the route of having a sub woofer as i need all the space I have!

20 -20K

below 20 you'll be feeling the bass above 20K and as an adult you'll not detect it, fine for kids and the dog....

but to go to both of these extremes then you want to sort out the bus and its sound deadening.....its not really that important unless your a total phonophile which your not or you'd be spending a good deal more and already know what your wanting....

If all your after is 4 adequate full range speakers then just find something close to this range and with the capability to be driven to your amp capabilities (or in your case plenty over the head unit)...(to be honest thats all most need)

Can you recommend any? Ive got a budget of about £50 for the front speakers :(

Im having the windows done in the van at the moment so ive stripped a fair bit of it out. I had planned to add some Dynamat to all the doors/panels and probably the cab floor too.

Noooo thats a personal choice fella,

just note the RMS or even nominal power , 4 ohm impedance, frequency response full audio or near as damn it they tend to be 100 - 20K...

just check the net or ebay get the model number and google it for the specs.....

Latest posts