August 67 Crewcab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's been a while and it's a lot later than we had originally planned but the MOT is booked for friday :shock: fingers crossed! No new pictures I'm afraid but once it's on the road I'm sure there will be a flood :D

67panel said:
cant wait,hope the mot is ok.

Thanks, me too :lol: I'm sure of it fails it'll be minor stuff. Things like brake adjustment that we cant check without a run. They feel ok though.....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Well it didn't pass, kind of expected something to of been missed. Fortunately it's nothing too bad.

1. Tight spot in steering (over adjusted the steering box and it wasn't apparent until on a proper run)
2. Brake imbalance, pulling to the left.
3. Washers not working (lost pressure, must be a small leak somewhere)
4. Play in rear trailing arm

So all pretty easy to sort, I reckon retest by wednesday with a bit of luck and decent weather :D

Yeah it passed today! Now just need to get it registered and get some plates so I can finally have a drive. Cant wait.

Well the registration documents came through yesterday 8) I'm sure there will be some pics with plates this weekend............

Its been a long time since my last post, been enjoying driving around finally. Got it booked into Midland Paintworks hopefully shortly after xmas for some bits, windscreen doesnt fit properly, new door seals and get doors fitting better, more seatbelts so I can take the family out (4 kids).

Cant decide if I should put the rear wheel arches back on?? Thoughts?? Also going to have it lowered slightly and also thinking of a set of Fuch wheels?? Just had part of the gear linkage fixed as pin came out leaving me stuck in 3rd gear, cant believe how much difference it has made. Having not driven one before I just thought the gears were meant to be that sloppy. I am hoping to have the same with the steering which doesn't feel great, often pulls hard to the side (scared the brother in-law to death on the way to Midland PW :lol: )

A friend sent me this mockup of it with our company logo on.

How I would like mine to look

Great work so far, lovely crew cab ! if it was mine I'd have the rear arches put on.
That grey one looks sweet as !

Should be nice when done (I would change the arches back to original, but its your van, your choice ;) ) 8)

Nice one mate, I reckon the arches should go on as well. Both pics look cool, which is your favourite ?

Quick update. Been without the pickup for a while as its been into Midland Paintwerks to have some things sorted. Here is a link to the pics https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...533.1073741836.144882895669437&type=1&theater hope it works.

They have done the following:
2 Door seals
2 1/4 light seals
Klassic fab bulge panel
Front lower panel up to headlights
Door scraper o/s
Front window seal
Top coat matched and tinted
Full machine polish
removed door and fitted the n/s door seal
Removed and fitted new 1/4 light seal plus fixed the handle. Fixed the frame so the window travels up and down.
Bare metalled the front and removed all previous filler
Extended inner screen repair panel. Custom made the bulge to fit.
Welded in repair panel to o/s front
Removed and welded outer pillar
Removed lower front and repaired inner panels, treated and fitted new outer repair panel
Epoxy prime front metal
Skim front with filler to remove all ripples
Primer front & n/s door
Paint front & n/s door
Fit o/s door seal
Fit o/s 1/4 light seal and window scraper
Fit front windscreen
Refit bumper

Also having 3 point seatbelts fitted so I can get the 4 kids in and then its coming home so that I can start work on the interior.

New wheels are on and I'm pretty happy with the look, will take a side shot when she comes off the drive. Want to drop it a little to improve look and ride.
New steering box and rear shock to do before the weekend by the garage so I can hopefully take it to Skeg Vegas.

Will be nice to get her back on the road and start on the interior bits as still very noisy and need to get some 3 point seat belts added (4 kids!).

Latest posts