Aussie kombi with the loom from hell

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dashboard painted in Halfords version of VW pastel white and ready to go. Just got to paint the cab first!
Primered:
DSC00450.jpg

Finished:
DSC00451.jpg

Yup - a little worried - and I'm sure time will tell! I used plastic primer and then a couple of coats of clear lacquer over the paint. As I've got a bit of time before the dash goes back in the cab (more welding to do and spray painting), I'm hoping a few days not touching it will allow the lacquer to harden - this is all experimentation to be honest - I'm sure I could have learnt from other people's mistakes and asked about, but there's nothing like screwing up yourself! :lol:

ive seen someone use vinyl cloth glue it and do a double baseball stitch on the padded part of the dash and it looked amazing 8)

Cab almost done now, less door cards , kick plates and roof. Immobiliser fitted and about to fit seat covers now I've got my seat pads.
DSC00476.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

Looking good! Threads like this always make me want to go out and strip our bus for a resto, i suppose one day i will have to but she's pretty solid at the mo!

Is that a washer bottle mounted behind the seat? (when the seat is there!)

Yup, that's the washer bottle, though doesn't seem to interfere too much with the seat.
First seat back in ......
DSC00492.jpg

Finally got the remainder of the interior painted. Next stop - lay some flooring and build the rock n roll bed. Still got some welding to do underneath before I can waxoyl it all, then door cards and eventually an interior........
DSC00501.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00506.jpg

DSC00507.jpg

DSC00508.jpg

Marine ply down ready for a bit of flooring once we decide what to have. Also finally fitted the passenger chair. One of the seams had ripped when I was putting it on the base, but Newton and Commercial - good on 'em, repaired it for free!
DSC00512.jpg

DSC00513.jpg

Well it's been so long since I last posted anything - I couldn't find this thread! Having been away abroad with work for 3 weeks, it was time to get back on the job. Floor down, rock n roll bed in, new headlining in and sound deadening material down. I've also been knocking up a new canvas which is now rready to go on, but I need my wife to help me fit later this week. next jobs after that are door cards and then consider building some units.

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00544.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

DSC00546.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00539.jpg

Started putting up the canvas tonight. Top row pretty much done, then ran out of time. Hopefully I'll get it finished before the end of the week.

DSCF1556.jpg

Well it's been a long time since coming on here, mostly due to a new job and having little time to devote to working on the van. I'm now going to be out of the country for a number of months, so sadly the van is going to be put on sale later today once I've got photos taken of the latest work done. More to follow!

Latest posts