Awning

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danban

Reaction score
Hi with my resto almost finished I'm now looking for an awning. My wife likes the inflatable type. Has anyone got any reviews/ experience with these?
Or can anyone recommend an easy to erect awning?
Regards Dan

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

I've had a Khyam motor dome for seven years with no problems, comes with spare parts as well. I beleve it has also been improved since my model. Only time it's been difficult is trying to set up in high winds with only two people. A couple of friends have air beam awnings which also work well. They come with a built in ground sheet and should be lighter with no metal poles. I would never go back to one with separate poles. Best advice is to have a look at people's setups at a show.

We have had two of the vango airbeam awnings. First was a kela and was great, really easy to put up, a nice size if it's only the 2 of you but we ended up taking loads of stuff once our daughter was born so we decided to go bigger.

We just got the new Galli, it is very big but ideal for us. Still quick and easy to put up and the tunnel is on the side rather than the rear which we find better.

Here's the Galli (it was tensioned better after the photo :) ):

a56d0b6647410308861015cd15b1690c.jpg

b46c0808c2f66a7388889313a2e56613.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

http://www.olproshop.com/collections/inflatable-campervan-awning/products/loopo-breeze-grey-blue" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've just bought one of these, it is still in the box though so can't review it. But seems good value.

Outdoor revolution oxygen. We've just bought the kombi,which is huge and better yet loads of headroom and doors a decent height. We were out in Wales over the weekend(1st trip) and survived the extremely bad weather.
Awning took 20 minutes to put up 1st time I reckon we can probably 1/2that with a couple of goes.

We had a Vango air beam Sappera 11, very quick and easy to put up, sturdy and fairly roomy. We found it to be a bit glum though for when your stuck in it for any time during crappy weather so moved it on. We went down the route of a canvas drive away bell tent, definitely worth the extra Imo, and you can have a log burner for the colder months.

Vango airbeam Kela, awesome and totally up within 10 mins 8) strong as in heavy wind and rain 8)

Latest posts