Baby seat in early bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No Eye Dear

Reaction score
Hi,

Hope this is the right place?

Well must start by saying that we have neither a baby or a bus yet. :lol:
Just hoping to have both soon. :lol: :oops: :? Plus we have nieces that we'd like to be able to take away.
So I was just wondering does anyone know how you would fit a baby seat into an earlybay?
I think the new law is that an infant carrier has to be in the rear of a vehical (not 100% sure) and from the photos (limited) I have seen of interiors of earlybays they seem to have lapbelts for seatbelts.
So I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of this? :D

Or am I off my rocker?

You can definately have them in the front.

Or

There are childseats that are designed to work with lapbelts (Brittax do a couple in there range and there's others too)

OR

It's relatively easy to fit 3 point belts in the rear (belts available from many VW suppliers) depending on which type of bus you have. Deluxes and westys have the mounting points already in place, or they can be fitted to other types. There are issues with westy wardrobes being in the way on one side, but this is being worked on at the moment ;) see the other seatbelt thread in general to see the progress being made.

The law as it stands states that if the vehicle has a passenger airbag, no infants in the front - meaning infants can go in the front seat in a rear facing chair of an earlybay. Infants in the back need to be using the FITTED restraint.

http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/law/index.htm#under3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps!

Latest posts