BAD NEWS FOR UK SLAMMED RIDES?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagboyblue

Reaction score
this thread seems to be causing some concern on other forums

http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63115" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully this will be one of those shitty smells in the air that passes after time like the increased tax for older vehicles. There no way that this can happen without the shit hitting the fan for the goverment big time!! We are not the only classic car scene that modifys and when you consider we are probabley the biggest how many people are going to have something to say about this issue.

They have had loads of "bright ideas" those tits in the EU its been happening for years with bikes things like the curtailling of all motorcycles to a 100 bhp limit, Riders and pillions MUST wear flourecsent clothing etc etc etc. Things like emissions on new stuff fair enough but to stop people enjoying there rides as long as they are safe i cant see they can do anything.

overpaid bored impotent joyless party poopers! :evil:

I think it is more the case of somebody reading too much into the rules, publishing their personal thoughts on the net
and suddenly it become supposed fact ( a case of the Porsche engine fits straight into an aircooled VW syndrome :roll: ).

I'm sure Bays, Beetles etc will be fine, it will most likely affect hotrodders, kitcar builders etc as quite a few of their vehicle are nothing like the vehicle that is stated on the logbooks.

Its aconsultation document......basically a load of elements bound together in a document and then put out to the industry for their say, generally most of these are watered right down or thrown out, I wouldnt sweat over it, ACE and the likes have representation so its unlikely to go through in its entirety and only issues of safety will be passed, ie it may be a requirement to pass certain mods onto acredited companies or have it tested afterwards etc....(not entirely a bad thing having seen some shit out there, but it is a pisser for the diy'er that has some skill)...

ignore it.....

ive emailed a very known bus slamming company, and the answer was its been talked about for years, nothing to get worried about

Very worrying if there is anything in it. By my reckoning a narrowed beam loses you 6 points as it affects suspension, axle and steering. If you then change the engine or gearbox you haven't enough points left.

I can't work out if chassis notching would lose you 5 points either.

Oh well. Fingers crossed it doesn't go anywhere.

In the words of Jones the Butcher '' DONT PANIC '' Its just another internet load of Bollocks that in a month will be gone ready for the next one . Vosa and there inspectors are usually car guys and unless they see some down right dangerous modifications to cars i.e knocking suspension and dodgy brakes/steering will quite happily let you go as long as the vehicle is legal etc etc .

The ones to worry about are uneducated police officers who think the know about Mot Law when they clearly dont LOL , thats when YOU catch them out :lol:

;)

Latest posts