Banded steels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAY-1977

Reaction score
With a lil bit of measuring it's looking like I have a positive offset of 15? Anyone know what the max offset you can get away with on these bays at the rear??
Cheers jay

Is it actually the offset that's causing you problems, or the width of the tyre? It looks to me like the tyre is your problem. Did you try the rims before having tyres fitted to see whether they cleared the arch lip? Bear in mind that if you can get the tyre past the arch lip (deflate and try some gentle persuasion) the natural arc of the suspension will cause the wheel to settle away from the lip as the bus is lowered back onto the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the same problem I have to deflate the standard tyres to get them to go under the arches. I'd love to put different wheels and tyres on but I can't find any that will fit and I only fitted horse plates on the rear nowt fancy

I have banded steels with ET25 at the rear running 195/75 15". On the right side I can easily slip a finger between wheelarch and tyre, on the left side not so easily but still. So around 1,5 to 2cm of space left. Not sure why there is the difference between left an right, maybe the camber, but works perfectly fine.

I've seen many bays with a difference in gap between wheel an arch between left an right side! Mines the same, fag paper gap on left an 1cm on right???? Weird!!

JAY-1977 said:
I've seen many bays with a difference in gap between wheel an arch between left an right side! Mines the same, fag paper gap on left an 1cm on right???? Weird!!
If the arches have been replaced at any point, that's probably the issue.

The bigger the offset number, the better the clearance. You want at least 185/65/15's tyres on the rear, preferably 195/70/15's to match the original rolling circumference.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Latest posts