bargin or scam?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betsy70

Reaction score
http://bit.ly/136vaK3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My old man used to say that if something smells like a turd and looks like a turd, it's usually a turd.

More northern consumer advice next week.
:)

Any of our lot live around that way ??? Fancy popping round and having a nosey ??? Also ,,, some busses look extra fantasticker in photos even more than in real life. Not completely out of the ball park with that price really, especially if the seller has been let down by a knobhead or two :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Looks interesting :mrgreen:

Has good feedback and its a classified not an auction so no requirement to pay sight unseen, could be a nice little bargain for someone.

now heres an odd thing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271190451841?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

same bus but £1000 more :?

I don't really know if scam or not, but my gut feeling is scam.

Many many moons ago, I had my hotmail account hacked and of course, I had all my logins for various places stored there. Whoever it was used my EBay account to sell almost £10,000 worth of laptops and TVs without actually ever sending anything out. When I did get my hotmail account back, there were a lot of emails for rather angry people. Follow an EBay and police investigation (I don't know what happened after I gave all the info), I got my EBay account back also.

Not saying this is what is happening here but just a little story for you :)

That blue westy has been for sale for ages now, I remember seeing it when I was looking about a year ago, it was £10/£11k though if I remember rightly.

Most scams usually include " e mail me here, do not contact through eBay, send me your email for fast response, e mail me direct, e mail me please, please e mail me, pretty please e mail me, fucking e mail me!" And we all know about the old"transfer the money now and my driver will deliver the van" does anyone know of anyone who has actually fallen for these scams?

now up for 5000 http://bit.ly/11gOr56" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have contacted the seller - see what info I can get!

Absolutely a scam - have also reported the listing as fraudlent

Did you give them your mobile number Stu? If not you won't hear back from them.

The classified ad scam usually begins with text message contact. If they don't have a number they don't bother.

Not my real number mate - cant be bothered with pest texts although might give them the work one!

Hmm - now thats an idea :lol:

Ok.... I'm a bit slow on this sort of thing..... whilst having one van is more than enough of a cash burden, and not looking for another!!!.... what is the scam, how does the scam work?

dt100 said:
Ok.... I'm a bit slow on this sort of thing..... whilst having one van is more than enough of a cash burden, and not looking for another!!!.... what is the scam, how does the scam work?

Every week on ebay you get a few bus' come up for sale that are way too cheap. Scammers hack peoples ebay accounts to list these bus'.
They ask you to contact them via email outside of ebay. They tell you the bus isn't available to view as they are working offshore or fighting in afghanistan, but you will be protected by the ebay payment system. Then they say once the funds have cleared they will release the bus from storage. They then send you an email which looks identical like an authentic ebay invoice and get you to deposit the money into a foreign account somewhere in the world.

The scams vary. Some scammers are happy with a deposit and move on to the next person. Once you see a few they get pretty easy to identify.

Latest posts