mot change

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clem said:
The roof supports though get chopped out they'd be structural?

That's true. I'd imagine it'll start off with anything which looks modified (i.e. heavily slammed buses, anything with a roofchop, 10" wide rear tyres on a Ford Pop) and go from there.

*Sam* said:
I wonder if it will become one of these things that just can't be governed properly and as such most Mods just sail through ? until a road side VOSA check catches you out.

Probably - but do we really want people to start getting caught out with buses that are unusable? :) I think mine is within the 8 point rule, but there are plenty of buses out there which aren't.

sparkywig said:
What's the point in worrying about it?
Until somebody tells me I can't legally drive my bus I shall carry on.

Why not tell government how stupid their plans are before they tell you you can't drive your bus? :) It only takes 5 mins to fill in the consultation.
As I said above, I think mine is OK under the 8 point rule, but plenty of other buses won't be...

monkeyvanwestybike said:
CornishSilver said:
monkeyvanwestybike said:
You haven't you've got them shiney new carbs now haven't you! :tongue0013:
Oh yeah, Lol Surely they wouldn't pick on me Carbs!!
Only kidding you'll be ok Cornish
I think the first sign of this will be kit cars custom cars and the like
I don't know what will happen about Subaru engines though.

The rules are here: https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/radically-altered-vehicles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pretty sure Subaru engines don't involve cutting the monocoque so a subaru engine (otherwise stock) bus would be fine :)

Clem said:
*Sam* said:
I wonder if it will become one of these things that just can't be governed properly and as such most Mods just sail through ? until a road side VOSA check catches you out.

I think this will be it. I anticipate self certification and everyone ticks the 'compliant' box :D

The consultation suggests club certification would be the way to go.
But the DVLA have already had discussions with the Bugatti owners club which havn't gone too well...

For the 5 minutes it takes to complete the consultation, why not tell the government your views? :)

Tofufi said:
sparkywig said:
What's the point in worrying about it?
Until somebody tells me I can't legally drive my bus I shall carry on.

Why not tell government how stupid their plans are before they tell you you can't drive your bus? :) It only takes 5 mins to fill in the consultation.
As I said above, I think mine is OK under the 8 point rule, but plenty of other buses won't be...

I have.

Latest posts