Battery not charging

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob8624

Reaction score
Little problem with my van, tried a search but couldn't find anything that clear to help.

Checked the generator with a multimeter and it's working fine, but the battery isn't holding any charge. The G light is on, otherwise the van runs well as usual apart from obviously having to charge the battery every now and again.

Any help is much appreciated.

Any chance you could replace the battery with a known good one and see if that fixes it?

Could just be the main battery needs replacing.

Yea, I think that's the first port of call. It's pretty new, but has been re-charged a few times now.

johnandkatrina said:
Rob your a dick, don't come round asking again if you don't believe my diagnosis! ;)

And your van is rotting

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the replies!

A problem with the regulator was suggested by my own personal mechanic, aka Johnanakatrina, just thought I'd double check and get a second opinion from far more intelligent folk.

Seriously though, it's a great resource here, reading lots to try to expand my ever so minute knowledge of these great vehicles! Thanks.

I have had the same issue and I bought a new regulator which arrived yesterday courtesy of Peter at Volksgoods. £17.50 delivered. Fast, efficient service and a diamond of a bloke to boot.

Quincey said:
I have had the same issue and I bought a new regulator which arrived yesterday courtesy of Peter at Volksgoods. £17.50 delivered. Fast, efficient service and a diamond of a bloke to boot.

Good price much cheaper than gsf

Latest posts