Bay 1968

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlyle

Reaction score
hi everybody,

Where to start , good manners presentations already ! Cédric me is 28 years old, biker on custom , a couple for 11 years , and Isère in France !

For some years I am looking to buy one without really leap . But as prices soar ! ... So as we approach the anniversary of my wife, " tadadada ! " Combi in the course because it also wants one for years! (that's a good excuse to bug ... )

Buy last August, 15 days after purchase, and after a small engine revision made ​​quickly , we are part of management spain, we did 1700 km , with little trouble

I am a newcomer to the world VW, I think I 'll need your advice to not make mistakes , both in body mechanics ! !

It is thus a combined 68 Panelled T2A , mechanical ok , engine rebuilt in 1600 Dual body , brakes ok , a pair of BRM rim and drop the front of cm and 1cran back !

So I'll do my share evolution for those who are interested and have any comments takers !

Stop the crap and room for photos!

On the way back ;

and sorry for my english…..

ride safe

Kool Panel et Français en + 8)

sur GRENOBLE il y a une grosse scene VW et du côté de fontaine il y a un petit gars qui se prenome GAYO et qui en veut donc si tu veux son contact pas de soucis!!!

thank for your coming ! :mrgreen:

CHILDSEY said:
Great panel van 8)
What are your plans for it?

I have great project for him, but we'll go step by!

I also want specific wiper arms 1968…. if you have this somewhere ….. :msn4:

vintage-autohaus said:
Kool Panel et Français en + 8)

sur GRENOBLE il y a une grosse scene VW et du côté de fontaine il y a un petit gars qui se prenome GAYO et qui en veut donc si tu veux son contact pas de soucis!!!

salut,

merci pour l'info !!! (je sais pas si tu te rappel , mais je t'ai pris un train avant pour 68 , et au passage je suis toujours a la recherche des mes bras d'essuie glace pour mon 68 …)

je suis preneur pour des contacts …...

CHILDSEY said:
Great panel van 8)
What are your plans for it?

I'll post some pictures of what I'm already over :D

the combi was barely taller than a can of coca cola then the raiser a little;

some electricity

storing for the winter

to be continued ….

i post a few photo about my restauration ;

before :shock:

the old proprietary , has damaged the front

disassembly of the front axle to have a global view, and although it's not pretty pretty :shock:

Then I disassemble my adjustable blades and my oblique arm rear suspension, in order to change all Bushings

for the blades there was a great need, the difference between the new and the old;

get some news in recent days ,

I take complement the harness ( change pods bad solder , tin, extend some cables , and change the terminal fuse with modern) there were plenty of bad wiring, son did not connect to the right place ...

I still have to make a sheet metal for the establishment discreet that this new terminal ( this is a 16 track , it will serve me later for the PSU fridge ...)

the engine is out , I'm from one surprise ( not necessarily good : evil :: evil :: evil : ) I especially came to realize that a lot of hardware was not tighten , among other support bar engine, the laminations ( mm but less serious !) and so on !

a little before

and remove some stuff I'll make a great cleaning this little world ! ( fuel , sheetmetal intake .... )

disassembling I saw that there was fat to a cylinder chamber
I'll have to take care of it ,

the base engine is really fat now that he is sleeping I really wonder if this is the central joint is HS ? and not rather projection came from above : shock:

A surprise , by removing the plate from the tank , I noticed that the " straps " that are supposed to take are not made ​​by fixed nuts , plus it is welded to the redeemed

another bad "surprise" they cut the bottom of the fridge , I do not understand why! I understand why the bottom sheet does not plastered ! this shift is all!

next episode !

hello everybody

little news, last week, i receive my specific wiper arms ! In France, they are not found, it's a rare piece, so I managed to find in the United States (Georgia) and now they are in my garage! I'm happy :mrgreen:

and i I received my front baffles

@+

Carlyle said:
hello everybody

little news, last week, i receive my specific wiper arms ! In France, they are not found, it's a rare piece, so I managed to find in the United States (Georgia) and now they are in my garage! I'm happy :mrgreen:

and i I received my front baffles

@+

Welcome and what a great looking panel van.

Did you get your wiper arms from a company in the USA? I'm looking for the 68 only spindles and wiper arms for my 68.

when i finish my relocation, I will be posting new photos of the progress of work

have a good day

Latest posts