• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bay window Super green plus 1600 engine turn key

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix911s

Reaction score

SOLD VIA TINDER.

I have a video of the engine running and lots of pictures if you wish to view just text me on 07713994243 if your on wassap or text me your email address....
This is my excellent running remanufactured volkspares super green plus 1600 twin port engine I've had this now for 11 years with 5 of those years tucked away in storage waiting for my next project as this was a keeper!
this was in my 66 splitscreen my daily ride for 6 years without issue and never missed a beat I sold my bus and kept the engine back for that reason....this is a very quick and strong reliable engine built the right way.

It's only being taken out of storage this week for which I completely stripped the top end down to clean,prime and paint and buid back up its hasn't been tweaked or tuned since stored and once complete again I fitted it to my engine test stand added fuel and it fired and ran 100% perfectly again on the first click not even any smoke rattles or faults of any kind...no oil leaks or end float.

Here's the specification when new just the block.

replacement unit fitted with
New crankcase
Reg round crank
New main bearings
New big end bearings
New crankshaft bearings
New barrels
New Pistons with new piston rings
New gudgeon pins
New flywheel seal oil seal
Refaced flywheel
New spark plugs
New twin port cylinder heads
New valves
Ignition timed and sealed
Built to run on unleaded

It's ready to fit and go.

I'm Gutted to let this go but I've decided to start selling all my stuff and part from the dub scene....😭

1600cc twin port,12 volt Dynamo,Bosch coil,German heat exchangers,clutch included,new fuel pump etc etc.(both heat exchangers have had 2 very small corrosion repairs done this doesn't effective the quality heat they produce)

i have the 2 under push rod it tinware tins included in the sale.

This engine will fit any aircooled dub beetle,splitscreen, ghia,notchback,fastback,Trekker,beach buggy etc including all bay window models as it comes with a factory drilled universal case for early and later bay windows brace bars..

I have a video of the engine running if you wish to view just text me on 07713994243 if your on wassap or text me your email address....

You are more than welcome to view from north London where it's currently stored at a friends garage I can also send by courier for £85 if you wish.

Perfect back up engine when old faithful pops it's clogs......we have all being there....😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts