beam adjusters

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good thread on the samba, but I think its a bit prehistoric with the hammering of the centre retainer.
I took my beam out, drilled the dimples and then cut it open to access the centre to grind it clean, then stitched it all up again so it moves nicely. :)

Good point Clem, I got my mechanic to do ass it says and the beam is stuck solid in the lowest position so not really 'adjustable' :?

I think the CSP ones from Machine7, T2D etc are generally considered the best option. :)

Sorry to jump on the thread but can someone tell me can I take out my single fosky adjuster and put machine 7 ones in without any probs.
My steering is damm heavy at the mo could this be down to the single adjuster?

Cheers
Mark

Mark6455 said:
Sorry to jump on the thread but can someone tell me can I take out my single fosky adjuster and put machine 7 ones in without any probs.

Cheers
Mark

I think the Foxy unit is quite wide, so cutting out will be a problem .... I stress - I think.

Steering shouldnt be unduly affected by lowering, and no more/less that any adjuster ... the biggest downside of the Foxy is the single tube adjustment and dated design by todays standards, but it does a moderate lowering job ok.

Thanks for a quick reply clem
It is lower but not excessively (although I'd like it to be)and I've got smaller tyres 165/60/14's on the front. Any ideas on why it could be so heavy?

Small tyres on 14" rims wont help tbh. Is it stock height at the rear?
Check the tracking and camber, free movement of the steering box, tie rods to centre pin etc

It's down one spline on the rear but I'm just about to fit horse shoe plates this week and some gas adjust shocks.
When I had the smaller tyre fitted it did feel a bit better but maybe it was in my mind.I'll get the tracking looked at then,it's just passed it's mot so think steering gubbins all ok I presume

I'm getting arms like popeye driving the bus
Toot toot

Mark6455 said:

Cheers
Mark

I've recently fitted a fosky adjuster that I brought off Slammed and the steering is fine on mine. Could be steering box related.

Karl

Ok Karl thanks I'll get it checked out
Just out of interest exactly how low can you get on the fosky and how do you adjust it

Mark

Mark6455 said:
Just out of interest exactly how low can you get on the fosky and how do you adjust it

Mark

I had the adjuster welded in further round the top tube than normal which mines it will go lower. Mine is about 5 1/2 inches lower at the front.

To adjust it: Jack bus up, Undo the horizontal pinch bolt and slowly lower or raise (which ever you prefer) until you get a ride height your happy with and tighten the pinch bolt up, fooking tight at that! My Fosky adjuster is only a stand in until I can save up enough for a Slamwerkes king 'n' link pin narrowed beam, although they are considered a crude method these days a Fosky adjuster still gives good results imo.

Karl

Westy Richardson said:
Mark6455 said:

Mark

I had the adjuster welded in further round the top tube than normal which mines it will go lower. Mine is about 5 1/2 inches lower at the front.

To adjust it: Jack bus up, Undo the horizontal pinch bolt and slowly lower or raise (which ever you prefer) until you get a ride height your happy with and tighten the pinch bolt up, fooking tight at that! My Fosky adjuster is only a stand in until I can save up enough for a Slamwerkes king 'n' link pin narrowed beam, although they are considered a crude method these days a Fosky adjuster still gives good results imo.

Karl
Hi Karl that's exactly what I have in mind I'll have a play over the weekend

Thanks for all the advice guys

And while it's jacked up, have a quick check of the steering with the wheels in the air, it should go smoothly and evenly from lock to lock with no weight on the wheels.

If it's tight or feels stiff at any point, then someone has probably over-tightened the adjustment of the steering box and it could do with backing off a touch.

Latest posts