Been fitting my new garage door today and

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustydiver

Reaction score
P6140119.jpg

The van fits in, just still need a good sort out in there.

P6140120.jpg

Room to go back a bit, but need to grind them bolts down a bit.

Plenty of room :msn4: just dont put any more air in the tyres :lol:
P6140121.jpg

P6140123.jpg

P6060109.jpg

Just got to get the van a mot now.

Just a little bit tight! nice that its in though, keep it out of the rain in the winter :)

i've just raised my garage door from 6' 2" to 7' 2" and put some 'tongue and grove' doors on. I was looking at a sectional door which slides into the roof but it was nearly £900.

It was a bit of a pig as the lintel was really heavy, i just hope its wide enough as my dads is saying he could never get his 406 in :shock: 8)

My old door was a standard size and the van still goes through that, just had made some 7x8 doors and fitted further out, got a bit of a canopyin front of the garage so just ment moving the doors out further.

Going out to hug my van in a moment cos its pi**ing down with rain here and the van is nice and dry.

Love it! I gotta fit a new pair of doors to my garage. The bus'll go in, but the up and over door won't shut!

Do you have a full tank of fuel?
If you loose any weight it could get close!!!
You need some weights to put in the van when your storing it.
:D

Waxer said:
Do you have a full tank of fuel?
If you loose any weight it could get close!!!
You need some weights to put in the van when your storing it.

No the tank is nearly empty, van is empty at the moment still have to refit the interior yet so it will go down more at the rear, may have to adjust the rear up a bit to compensate for the drop on the second bump stop, at a later date to get the right height/ gettin in the garage.

Got to admit was a bit concerned after lowering the front and rear of the van, measuring up and ordering the garage door just in case i got it wrong and the van would not fit, how could i explain that to her indoors at least i would of have had a nice garage door. :lol:

Measured up a while ago and had about an inch clearence then done the job to find all of my measurements were correct got just under an inch spare. :shock:

Nice, I've got similar clearance on my standard up and over door.

I could only shut it if the bus went in back first, otherwise it hit the door coming down :lol:

Latest posts