Before and After...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before:

Poppy.jpg

After:

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

..got the aerial in the front panel now, instead of those holes :)

Some cracking pics and work going on in this 'ere thread - keep it up guys (oh and gals :wink: ),

Respect 8)

Ali said:
Before:

Poppy.jpg

After:

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

..got the aerial in the front panel now, instead of those holes :)

Love that colour. 8) What is it? :?:
I want mine to look like that when i get mine done :D

A couple of evenings work my 69 went from this:

1.jpg

To this:

DSC00731.jpg

Thanks goes to:
Paul Revere...general lifting, advice and moral boosting.
Simon Hall....selling the bus to me
Tim (Roadhouse Retro).....wheels and advice
Paul (T2D)..... Parts and advice
James....bleeding brakes

rustydiver said:
Love that colour. 8) What is it? :?:
I want mine to look like that when i get mine done :D

It's supposed to Savannah Beige on the bottom but i'm not so sure. I've not had it next to an original SB to compare but i think it's a shade lighter...

The top half is the original pearl white, it didn't look creamy until I painted the bottom half but i think they compliment each other really well.

Cheers Airtime, not bad for a couple of weeks work eh!?

Scrubbed and then painted it.

I ended using some hard wearing external floor paint on it. I didn't want a gloss finish because it would have just highlighted the imperfections in the surface, so i chose a satin finish.

It looks really good...even if i do say so myself ;)

I've got to tidy up the roof rack bars and tie-down hoops a little still but they're not to obvious under normal circumstances. A quick lick of paint will soon have them looking better.

It really looks great! 8) I'm planning to do this job as well. Will probably happen next year, first have to finish the welding and service/overhaul the engine this winter.

Cheers!

lobus said:
Looks like it is well restored and doing exactly as the designers intended it ito do.
Great stuff.

4 weeks in S France over the summer, not a problem ..... carbs have now fallen to bits but hey ...... it's getting there!

The first few pics are how i got it last year, the last few are how it stands now. Still got a few bits to do on the interior but its nearly there :mrgreen:

268323.jpg

Picture572.jpg

Picture573.jpg

Picture825.jpg

ALLAUNTYALIPICS135.jpg

ALLAUNTYALIPICS099.jpg

ALLAUNTYALIPICS098.jpg

Cali-Bay, your van looks stunning. the before pics look very familiar. sure I went to see it on the south coast last summer. Very impressed when I saw it, almost bought it but went away on holiday. it was sold when i got back, must have been you !! transformation looks amazing. you've obviously put a lot of time, effort and money into it. nice one.
by the way took quite a few pics of it when i went to see it to show my other half what we might be buying. if you want them pm me your e-mail address and i'll try to send them to you.

Thanks Chris :D It sure sounds like the same one (south coast).
Would be cool to get some more pics of it, PM on its way !!

Heres mine in the good ole US of A

Pic12.jpg

And a year later, UK side

100_2103.jpg

Latest posts