Best coil?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex573

Reaction score
Evening team. I'm not sure my coil is causing any issues but after my recent engine wowes I've changed the fuel lines, internal gauge filter (which was almost non existent) and inline filter.

As the issue only seems occur after running for a bit. Hence considering a coil change. My question which is best?!

Cheers.

Alex

Lucas still do pretty good coils, but you need the correct type (ballast I believe, it has an internal resistor and should read at least 3 ohms between + and -).
Don't go for the Pertronix flamethrower, they're unreliable.
Bosch blue is no longer Bosch blue, but a standard Bosch coil with a blue sticker. Any "Advantages" of these were mostly nonsense anyway, but most Bosch coils are OK.
IMO people tend to assume the coil is at fault with a lot of this stuff, they're generally a lot more reliable than you think- but they're easy to change, so people do it.

Accuspark do too ones.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Happystamps said:
Don't go for the Pertronix flamethrower, they're unreliable.

+1

Had one die within 2 weeks" replacement also faulty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Bosh ones and I think the lucas coils are now made in the third world. Beru coils are German made and good quality. Coolair do them at a good price

Latest posts