Best place to get a windscreen lower surround repair panel?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim Would it not be a good idea to start importing that piece cut out of other dry scrappers in the states ?
Also is this a service that you could extend to other parts from early bays as Im sure you could get quite a list of requirements of just this Forum alone ???

Gadget

Gadget Boy said:
Tim Would it not be a good idea to start importing that piece cut out of other dry scrappers in the states ?
Also is this a service that you could extend to other parts from early bays as Im sure you could get quite a list of requirements of just this Forum alone ???

Gadget

The problem is that if 99% rust free bays have any rust its normally in this area. it is something i'll look into however...

when you say service do you mean a service repairing this area? if i can find a decent repair panel or decent used sections i'm more than happy to carry out the repair.

by the way the small three part repair section from Heritage is aweful... its probably the same as the one offered by Schofield. i'm going to go for the larger top repair panel from Schofield, i'll let you know how it looks when it arrives. and if it looks like its worth fitting i'll tell you how it fits.

Monkeyspinner said:
when you say service do you mean a service repairing this area? if i can find a decent repair panel or decent used sections i'm more than happy to carry out the repair.

by the way the small three part repair section from Heritage is awful... its probably the same as the one offered by Schofield. .

I actually ment was just supplying the panel but i guess some folks would need that work doing as it may be beyond the scope of the average garage guy .also and other repair /OG panel cut outs too

Also i had heard about how shite that panel was from Schofield but got my hopes up a bit about the Heritage panel

Gadget

Hey,

Monkeyspinner if you do start supplying these panels (29b in the picture above) I would 100% be interested in one :D

i bet 29b will be a pig to fit :? especially due to the screen fitting round there :?

PHiRe said:
i bet 29b will be a pig to fit :? especially due to the screen fitting round there :?

well if its as bad as the one that i suspect is the same as 29 then we're all doomed!

i'm going to look into getting a repair panel reproduced here in the UK (not china) and it will fit perfectly...

it may end up being twice the price but if its the same profile as the OG panel is got to be worth it. well for me it is but i am known as some what of a perfectionist (dunno why) :wink:

Monkeyspinner said:
it may end up being twice the price but if its the same profile as the OG panel is got to be worth it. well for me it is but i am known as some what of a perfectionist (dunno why) :wink:

same here m8 sounds goiod to me :D

Latest posts