Best rotor arm + cap

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlepecha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Microbus
M-codes
095 508 697 A01
Good evening,

Just wondering what the best quality rotor arm + cap is for an SVDA/009 distributor.

Just had a dizzy rotor crack and begin to fail on me, I've replaced it with an unbranded spare but want to try and avoid a recurrence..

Looks like the Beru ones seem to be well regarded on some forums, but also seen many reports of failures too.

Powerspark and accuspark appear to sell their own, but they look identical to the one that just failed on me and theirs no mention of manufacturing area. So suspect they are cheap Chinese ones or similar.

Also noticed the new cap I have fitted appears to be more substantial than the old one, but is unbranded again so unable to purchase the same.

So nyone got any recommendations for good caps + rotors?

Thanks

Beru is working fine for me, the other ones do not sit properly on the shaft. If you hold the shaft, when the rotor is in place you should not be able to rotate the rotor not even slightly. I found the repro ones can rotate and the result is that the timing changes.
Abel

Thanks guys, ordered a Beru rotor and cap from CarParts4Less late last week. Quality appears to be good and is working well!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Latest posts