Blazecut and other fire supression kits

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davla

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience of the Blazecut extinguishing a fire? I'm looking around at different kits and wondering what's the best option? Cheers

Not that one, but have/had an aircooled works system and can confirm it works very well

72baywesty said:
Not that one, but have/had an aircooled works system and can confirm it works very well

Speaking from experience of it activating, or just the fitting side of things?

There was a chap recently on the FB page who had an aircooledworks system, and an engine bay fire still burned the bus to the ground. The extinguisher just did not have any real effect in putting it out.

Prevention is better than cure in my opinion. I get the impression that more people are fitting these systems and ‘fit-for-life’ fuel hoses and assuming that they no longer need to inspect them. I’d rather fit lower grade hoses and inspect / change them yearly for peace of mind, but it’s a very subjective matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was asking about experience of effectiveness. I agree prevention is better than cure but was thinking of fitting one for extra peace of mind.

Activation...but you need the fuel cut off fitted. Fire was out within 30 seconds and damage was limited to point of ignition and smoke. Good thing is that it's clean so no damage to engine

72baywesty said:
Activation...but you need the fuel cut off fitted. Fire was out within 30 seconds and damage was limited to point of ignition and smoke. Good thing is that it's clean so no damage to engine

Fair play, that’s the first success story I’ve heard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I brought the one from Hayburner and it was easy to fit! hopefully i will never get to find out if it works or not.. but i have often thought i wonder how effective this would be in a real fire situation.

Latest posts