Bleeding brakes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pellwood

Reaction score
Has anyone used the ezibleed brake bleeding kits? The type that you connect to a spare tyre and use the air pressure to bleed the system?

How well do they work?

I don't have a willing accomplice so I'm on my 'jack jones' with this one.

I'm on my second gunson eezibleed kit, just because I needed one on the road (living in the van ATM). They are absolutely brilliant, but there's a way you can make them better.
The way they work is to pressurize the brake fluid in the reservoir so that when you release a bleed nipple, the fluid just comes out on it's own without needing to pump the brakes. So you get none of that suction on the way back up, you just connect the kit and turn it on, wait for the fluid to come out without bubbles and close up the bleed nipple. Done.

The only real problem with them is that if you use them at over 20PSI, which most spare tyres are at, you get brake fluid all over the place. Honestly, it goes EVERYWHERE and no bleeding gets done. In order to get rid of the problem you need to let the tyre down a bit, so you need a pressure gauge with you- OR what I've done is on the kit I have at home, cut off the tyre connector and connected it to my compressor, and just keep the pressure under 20PSI using the in-line regulator. If you don't have a compressor, you can still do this. Split the line with a sharp knife, and fit something like this in it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Type-In-Line-Vehicle-Air-Regulator-Pressure-Gauge-Spray-Gun-Portable-/262577726033?hash=item3d22da2251:g:lfMAAOSwawpXsJ2C

Clearly you'll need the appropriate barbs, but the whole thing can be done for a tenner easily. Then you never have to worry about the spare tyre pressure or melting all the paint in the van.

Strongly recommend them- spent some time on mine a few weeks back. Whole evening bleeding traditionally and it wasn't working, three to four minutes' job with the eezibleed.

Thumbs up from me too.

The only tip I can offer is if you just need a small bleed, ie after changing a slave cylinder, don't put any fluid in the gunson bottle, then use as instructed. It will still force the fluid from bus reservoir into system (but won't replenish bus reservoir). It's a lot less messy...

This wouldn't work for major bleed as you'd soon empty the reservoir and then be pumping air into the system.

I invested in one after wife stamped on pedal during bleed and squirted brake fluid into my face...

:mrgreen: Pete, exactly the same as all the other guys have said. I just let a tyre down to 18-20 psi and that does for me. I got one if you want to borrow it any time you like. You know where I am now.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Give me a bell if you like :mrgreen:

Latest posts