Blue Deluxe part 2 - its arrived

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tis a lovely bus,
may i ask when you fitted the wagenwest horsehoes did you have to adjust/re-do the brake hydraulic lines?
iv just brought a set and want to be prepared!

good luck with the sale

From looking at this picture it looks like you need to drill a hole in the spring plate and also grind a small amount from the actual horse-shoe.

Q: How much play/slack is there in the handbrake cable? Could a large movement by the spring plate cause the cable to snap/fail?

S5000888.jpg

bugfez said:
tis a lovely bus,
may i ask when you fitted the wagenwest horsehoes did you have to adjust/re-do the brake hydraulic lines?
iv just brought a set and want to be prepared!

good luck with the sale

The horseshoes are great :)

They made lowering the back of Gary's bus sooooooo much easier.

They fit really well and the only mod I had to do was to drill the hole in the springplate.

I started off drilling with a small pilot hole and got slightly larger each time until I ended up with an 18mm hole to clear the cable.

Brake pipe wise all you have to do is kink it upwards :)

There is no movement and the handbrake operates exactly as it would in the hubs normal location.

The cutout for the cable is already in the horseshoe.

Keep your eyes peeled as Dubz-by-Dan may be doing our own version of these for the uk market ;)

cheers

Danny

welcome to danny 8)

well worth checking out his work, if your in the Essex area, got him booked to do my next bus already ( a keeper this time i hope :wink: )

danny allen said:
Keep your eyes peeled as Dubz-by-Dan may be doing our own version of these for the uk market ;)

cheers

Danny

i hope its soon as im gathering the cash for the US ones, any idea when exactly?

Me and Danny have had a busy weekend, ive been passing spanners, while Dannys done the hard work :wink:

Wheels are back on and alls ready for MOT tommorow

Then DVLA for registration Wednesday

Just gotta figure out the Z Bed Hinges for saturday night sleep at volksworld :wink:

S5000897.jpg

S5000898.jpg

S5000900.jpg

Latest posts